Page 1 of 1
Recommend 1st armour kit?
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:28 pm
by Rammit
Any recommendations for a first decent armour kit, not too pricey as I am on a fairly tight budget, and any good picks for paints or pigments e.t.c?
Many thanks
Re: Recommend 1st armour kit?
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:42 pm
by Paul
I would say hobby boss if your on a tight budget, you get quite a lot for your money. Or tamiya if you can spare a bit more, or dragon if your flush lol
Paints are a difficult thing to recommend, for ease I would say tamiya
Re: Recommend 1st armour kit?
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:15 pm
by Lee
Tamiya Panzer II - £9.00 from eModels

Re: Recommend 1st armour kit?
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:51 pm
by Dunhill2005
I would recommend the Tamiya Pz II too. It is a good quality and a great prize.
You can also join the SIG which starts next month...
Re: Recommend 1st armour kit?
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:39 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
One of those older Tamiya kits is perfect, the first kit that came into my mind was the Panzer II aswell.
Re: Recommend 1st armour kit?
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:50 pm
by Daishi12
Ditto with the Tamiya Panzer II for the same reason as Dunhill

Re: Recommend 1st armour kit?
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:06 pm
by garywintin
What Dunhill said ... There are quite alot of tamiya kits that you can buy with £15 or less .. keep and eye out for that ... for first armour kit, I really suggest going for those cheap tamiya ones
Re: Recommend 1st armour kit?
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:21 pm
by Joesdad
Do you know what? I might have a dabble at that, as I'm a tankie virgin too.....
Re: Recommend 1st armour kit?
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:32 pm
by Wayne
Thinking i to will join this SIG. I am also a tank virgin so something new to learn and try. Watched Lee's review the other night of the £9 Tamiya Panzer II kit. Was blown away by it. Its more like a £30 - £40 kit.
Starting to think it was the worst thing i could have done was join this place. Its going to bankrupt me lmao