Page 1 of 1

Aur0ra145's Suyata Fokker DR.I & Red Baron

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:25 pm
by aur0ra145
Howdy!

Picked up one of these kits after seeing the one bfrd picked up.

On first look, this could be built with little to no painting, or even really glue and it'd look good.

So far, after about 45 minutes of modelling, it's coming along nicely and quickly.

Image

Image

Hopefully there are no demons in these parts!

Image

Image

Image

I did do a bit of weathering using the engine oil effects from Vallejo Environment line.

Image

Image

Re: Aur0ra145's Suyata Fokker DR.I & Red Baron

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:48 am
by Garion77
I'm surprised on how much pieces they are for that kind of kit. And the details seem beautiful

Re: Aur0ra145's Suyata Fokker DR.I & Red Baron

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:39 am
by cor
That looks cool

Re: Aur0ra145's Suyata Fokker DR.I & Red Baron

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:41 am
by aur0ra145
Primed the guns black and did a quick dry brush with Vallejo Metal Air Aluminum.

Image

Now I'm waiting on the gun handles to dry so I can paint them real fast. The fuselage and wings actually look pretty good and are molded in the appropriate color. I may just leave them. :scratch::

Re: Aur0ra145's Suyata Fokker DR.I & Red Baron

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:28 am
by aur0ra145
This has been a bit of a challenge. The parts are "snap together" but they're off just slightly. I'm having to sand a bit or take a chunk out of the connectors with my nippers to get them to go into place.

Re: Aur0ra145's Suyata Fokker DR.I & Red Baron

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:24 am
by Tomcat64
The details look great, but that's a real shame about the misaligned locating pins :(

Re: Aur0ra145's Suyata Fokker DR.I & Red Baron

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:01 pm
by aur0ra145
Tomcat64 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:24 am The details look great, but that's a real shame about the misaligned locating pins :(
True. Though, I think the worst of it is over. The wings and things should go together relatively easily. I'm not debating on which parts to paint, and which to leave in their original molded colors.

Re: Aur0ra145's Suyata Fokker DR.I & Red Baron

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:03 pm
by aur0ra145
Getting some more bits put together.

Image.

Second wing (or third? if the wheel one counts?)

Image

Currently waiting for the top wing glue to dry, then I'll do some sanding and buffing.

Also, the toon character is great! I'm going to prime this guy quickly and brush paint him. Should be cool.

Image

And now for something completely different-

Browsing in the local book store, I came across this encyclopedia of Halo. I'm a big fan, and even completed the campaign of Halo: Infinite recently. This encyclopedia has it all, even the newest game and stuff from the novels (which I've read most of them.) I'm very impressed by it. It would be a great gift for any Halo fan.

It hard to tell in the photos; but, the whole thing is about 1 3/4" thick (4.45cm.)

Image

Image

Image

Re: Aur0ra145's Suyata Fokker DR.I & Red Baron

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:26 pm
by aur0ra145
Got the decals on! Next up will be painting the Baron.

Decals went on really easily with zero mishaps. Additonally, this WWI plane gave me some inspiration to 3d print some WWI figures I received from an .stl group buy. They'll be done here in an hour or so.

Image

Re: Aur0ra145's Suyata Fokker DR.I & Red Baron

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:37 am
by aur0ra145
Okay, I caved and did some airbrushing to the Baron. Hopefully he'll be dry soon and I can start on detail painting.

Image

Re: Aur0ra145's Suyata Fokker DR.I & Red Baron

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:29 am
by aur0ra145
It's done!

Painting the Baron was fun and pretty easy. I took liberties with the uniform color. All I had to go off of was black and white photos and the box art. Uniform is in XF-23, jacket in Vallejo Game Air Leather, rest was in the Citadel paint range. His hair is a mix of Vallejo Model Air Radome Tan and Yellow.

Image

Re: Aur0ra145's Suyata Fokker DR.I & Red Baron

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:29 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Oh wow, that is FANTASTIC!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana:
what an excellent job on this, just love it
Your figure painting skills really shine through here, he looks amazing :th: