Page 1 of 1

Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Thu May 05, 2022 6:03 pm
by Mpfiend
Good evening,
Here is my Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4 which I have completed this week.
it has been painted with Tamiya Lacquer paints and clear coat.
I have also used the TABU Decal set as the decals in my kit were passed their best.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Image

If you have any questions please ask. I look forward to your comments
Best Regards
Keith.

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:19 pm
by Tomcat64
Lovely tidy result mate - I loved the F1 cars from around this era - cracking job :th:

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Sat May 07, 2022 8:41 am
by Mpfiend
Tomcat64 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:19 pm Lovely tidy result mate - I loved the F1 cars from around this era - cracking job :th:
Thanks very much for looking in Neil,
Yes, I too am a fan of the F1 cars from the 70's and 80's.

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:15 am
by kpisnuts
Amazing build, looks fantastic

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 9:45 pm
by Mpfiend
kpisnuts wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:15 am Amazing build, looks fantastic
Thanks very much K.P. and thanks for looking in :cheers2:

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 3:06 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Superb :th: :clap:

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:12 am
by digger303
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:cheers2:

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:52 am
by DRUMS01
I've built several of the Tamiya, Revell, and Protar 1/12 F1 cars and I have to say, your work and the results looks very, very good! Are you a Ferrari person or did that particular car just get your attention? Even though these 1/12 cars are older Tamiya molds, nothing compares to them for the price.

I anticipate and look forward in seeing more of your good work down the road.

Ben / DRUMS01

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:30 pm
by Mpfiend
digger303 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:12 am :clap: :clap: :clap:
:cheers2:
Thanks very much

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:30 pm
by Mpfiend
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:06 pm Superb :th: :clap:
Thanks for looking in Scott

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:54 pm
by Mpfiend
DRUMS01 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:52 am I've built several of the Tamiya, Revell, and Protar 1/12 F1 cars and I have to say, your work and the results looks very, very good! Are you a Ferrari person or did that particular car just get your attention? Even though these 1/12 cars are older Tamiya molds, nothing compares to them for the price.

I anticipate and look forward in seeing more of your good work down the road.

Ben / DRUMS01
Thanks for looking in Ben,
I have also built a few of the Tamiya 1/12 cars, the Ferrari Enzo, the Ferrari 312T and the Porsche Carrera GT

Image
Image

The 312T and the Carrera GT can be seen on here as I believe I posted photos of them when they were finished. The Enzo I have not posted before so I have added a couple of photos below.

Image
Image
Image
Image

I'm not really "a Ferrari person" I just build what I like and I "like" the Tamiya 1/12 kits. my next project which I have just started is the Tamiya 1/12 Martini Porsche 935 Turbo, which I will post once completed.

Best Regards
Keith.

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 1:04 am
by DRUMS01
Superb detail, clean work, and beautiful finishes on all my friend. That Ferrari 312T with the high induction scoop was always one of my favorite of that period. Not wanting to hijack your thread, you can see some of mine on my portfolio.

I just signed up for a Formula 1 group build on another site. My build is going to be a 1/20 Revival kit of the 1937 Auto Union Grand Prix hill climb racer (real rear wheels) driven to victory by Hans Stuck.

Keep them coming my brother from another mother.

Ben / DRUMS01

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 1:37 am
by aur0ra145
Wow, those are really clean! Nicely done!

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 3:48 pm
by Mpfiend
DRUMS01 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:04 am Superb detail, clean work, and beautiful finishes on all my friend. That Ferrari 312T with the high induction scoop was always one of my favorite of that period. Not wanting to hijack your thread, you can see some of mine on my portfolio.

I just signed up for a Formula 1 group build on another site. My build is going to be a 1/20 Revival kit of the 1937 Auto Union Grand Prix hill climb racer (real rear wheels) driven to victory by Hans Stuck.

Keep them coming my brother from another mother.

Ben / DRUMS01
The 312T is a favourite of mine too, I'm currently trying to source another kit for the right money, but they are becoming scarce in the uk now,
The auto union sounds like an interesting build, what site are you showing it on?

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 3:48 pm
by Mpfiend
aur0ra145 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:37 am Wow, those are really clean! Nicely done!
Thanks very much.

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Fri May 13, 2022 4:53 am
by DRUMS01
The group build is in Fine Scale Modelers Forum, under group builds. I will include it here too once I start the build. Currently I have injured my right arm, wrist, and hand which has to heal first.

Image

Ben

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Fri May 13, 2022 9:09 am
by Mpfiend
DRUMS01 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:53 am The group build is in Fine Scale Modelers Forum, under group builds. I will include it here too once I start the build. Currently I have injured my right arm, wrist, and hand which has to heal first.

Ben
I hope you heal quickly Ben, All the best to you.

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Fri May 13, 2022 11:04 am
by digger303
DRUMS01 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:53 am The group build is in Fine Scale Modelers Forum, under group builds. I will include it here too once I start the build. Currently I have injured my right arm, wrist, and hand which has to heal first.

Image

Ben
Yeah, BUT I bet you could model with your teeth.....you have the will..... :roll: :lol:
:cheers2:

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:36 pm
by Maxito
Looks awesome!

Quick question: I bought this model on eBay and I’m not clear on how to follow the paint instructions. For instance, I’m seeing that some parts require Aluminum 3 + Orange 1. Would you mind telling me what colors you used?

Thanks!

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:24 am
by Mpfiend
Maxito wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:36 pm Looks awesome!

Quick question: I bought this model on eBay and I’m not clear on how to follow the paint instructions. For instance, I’m seeing that some parts require Aluminum 3 + Orange 1. Would you mind telling me what colors you used?

Thanks!
Thank you for commenting.
"Aluminium 3 + Orange 1" means 3 parts aluminium paint and 1 part Orange paint, I used tamiya lacquer paints mixed to this ratio,

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 1:37 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Some really nice stuff here :banana: :banana: :banana:

My T3, T4 and C2 will be Gilles Villeneuve’s 🇨🇦 when they get out of the stash

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2024 8:45 am
by Mpfiend
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 1:37 am Some really nice stuff here :banana: :banana: :banana:

My T3, T4 and C2 will be Gilles Villeneuve’s 🇨🇦 when they get out of the stash
Thank you, All the tamiya F1 cars really are a pleasure to build.

Keith.

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2025 12:50 pm
by cor
Only just saw this cracker of a build. Im partial to the 1/12 racing cars. I attempted this car when I was about 14, and failed. Too complicated for the young me. I like how clean you have it looking, like the technicians have just finished assembling it. Nice work, makes me want to build this car again soon.

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312T4

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2025 4:56 am
by Mpfiend
cor wrote: Sun Jul 13, 2025 12:50 pm Only just saw this cracker of a build. Im partial to the 1/12 racing cars. I attempted this car when I was about 14, and failed. Too complicated for the young me. I like how clean you have it looking, like the technicians have just finished assembling it. Nice work, makes me want to build this car again soon.
Thanks very much,
it is a very nice kit to build if you take your time with it.
Regards
Keith.