Page 1 of 1

Just saying hello.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:32 pm
by gpz900ra7
Hi everyone on here, just joined up after quite a long time viewing in the shadows so thought it was about time I got my finger out and became a member.

Anyway, My name is Shaun, I love building bike and car kits and I also have 2 full size bikes(pictured below) that keep me busy with cleaning and so on.

Image

Image

Hopefully I will get some models built after a looooooooooooong time away from the bench.

Shaun.

p.s. just removed a couple of attachments to help save on the bandwidth.

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:05 pm
by ForeverPlasticKits
:welcome: and hello biker!

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:09 pm
by gpz900ra7
Thanks 👍.

Shaun.

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:35 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Hi Shaun, nice bikes :thumb2:

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:28 pm
by gpz900ra7
Cheers Scott.

Shaun.

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:17 am
by digger303
:welcome: Shaun
Plenty of people here who like cars and bikes.....you'll fit right in. :banana:
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:32 am
by gpz900ra7
Cheers for the welcome 🤗👍.

Shaun.

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:08 am
by Stokesy44
:welcome:
Welcome to the forum, get stuck in with comments and banter

I would encourage you to get back to the bench. The hobby has massively changed and you'll be amazed just what is out there nowadays :th:

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:18 am
by gpz900ra7
Thanks for the message and the encouragement too, I'm actually busy building a TAMIYA PORSCHE 928 at the minute, quite an old kit but an enjoyable one, I'll post some pictures once I finish it 👍.

Shaun.

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:10 am
by Tomcat64
Hello Shaun and :welcome: to the ISM forum.

When you get a moment please check out the forum guidelines which can be found ---> here

If you're still having problems with Flickr there is a quick guide on how to use the Flickr integration on the forum ---> here and a couple of step by step guides in here

Otherwise feel free to drop me a PM and we'll try and get you sorted :)

Unfortunately the forum currently doesn't have sufficient capacity or bandwidth to host directly uploaded photos.

As well as the forum boards there is a really useful Modeller Toolkit available which can help with paint matching, paint thinning, glue types & a scale calculator that can be found ---> here

We also run a number of group builds & special interest groups through the year so feel free to enter any of those that you like the look of.

Otherwise take a look around and join in, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Have fun!

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:00 am
by gpz900ra7
Hi Neil, still a bit unsure of how this Flickr malarkey works but see if this works, :pray:

Image

Well looking at the "Preview" it seems to have done the trick, WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO :th: :banana: .

Shaun.

p.s. This is just a bike I found and will hopefully copy someday.

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:27 am
by Tomcat64
gpz900ra7 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:00 am Hi Neil, still a bit unsure of how this Flickr malarkey works but see if this works, :pray:

Image

Well looking at the "Preview" it seems to have done the trick, WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO :th: :banana: .

Shaun.

p.s. This is just a bike I found and will hopefully copy someday.
Yep that worked :)

Looking forward to seeing your builds :cheers2:

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:54 pm
by aur0ra145
Welcome, glad to have you!

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:47 am
by KalebB
Welcome! :welcome: :cheers2:

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:27 am
by BigWall
Welcome! Do you have any past work to share with us?

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:47 am
by gpz900ra7
Hi Joe and thanks for the welcome.

I do indeed have plenty of past builds, I'll try and get some posted soon, :thumb1: .

Shaun.

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:03 pm
by WordenB
Good man Shaun, I used to just build cars and the occasional bike but I joined in the group builds and now I have a crack at all sorts of things!

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:14 pm
by gpz900ra7
WordenB wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:03 pm Good man Shaun, I used to just build cars and the occasional bike but I joined in the group builds and now I have a crack at all sorts of things!
Cheers for the welcome, :hi: .

Shaun.

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:53 am
by DRUMS01
Hello and welcome... I posted a comment on your 928 string, great work my modeling friend. You should enjoy jumping into this forum as you will find the people great and in many cases their knowledge even greater.

I'm a biker too:

Image

Image

Keep it upright and keep modeling brother....

Ben / DRUMS01

Re: Just saying hello.

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:38 pm
by gpz900ra7
DRUMS01 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:53 am Hello and welcome... I posted a comment on your 928 string, great work my modeling friend. You should enjoy jumping into this forum as you will find the people great and in many cases their knowledge even greater.

I'm a biker too:

Image

Image

Keep it upright and keep modeling brother....

Ben / DRUMS01
Cheers for the welcome Ben :cheers2: .


Shaun.