Kitty Hawk 1:48 Jas-39A/C Gripen

Post Reply
User avatar
shortCummins
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 pm
Location: Cotgrave, Nottingham
Great Britain

Kitty Hawk 1:48 Jas-39A/C Gripen

Post by shortCummins »

Image

Here is my build of the Kitty Hawk 1:48 Jas-39A/C Gripen.

The kit wasn’t as bad as some of the reviews I’ve read however I decided to “stray” from what Kitty Hawk had designed how the finished model should be built, i.e. canopy open, air breaks open and refuelling probe deployed. The “fit” of these items “closed” wasn’t very good however they had not be designed that way so only a minor grumble from me.

I’d seen a special scheme…
Image

…that had been used for the “E” variant demo aircraft?, as I liked that scheme I thought I give it a go.

Paints used:
Akan
AK Real Colours
Mr Hobby
MRP
Tamiya
Vallejo

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


until next time
as always, any suggestions, criticisms or comments will be gratefully received.
rgds
John(shortCummins)
"I'm tall for my height" - "it looks like it was painted by a blind chimpanzee"
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Kitty Hawk 1:48 Jas-39A/C Gripen

Post by Stokesy44 »

Cracking finish. Really like the scheme you went for :th: :th:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
ForeverPlasticKits
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 895
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:45 pm
Location: France
France

Re: Kitty Hawk 1:48 Jas-39A/C Gripen

Post by ForeverPlasticKits »

I love this camouflage, well done and excellent choice! :thumb2:
BigWall
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
United States of America

Re: Kitty Hawk 1:48 Jas-39A/C Gripen

Post by BigWall »

Very nicely done!
Joe

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Air Gallery”