Page 1 of 1

Fieseler Fi 156 Storch

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:17 am
by aur0ra145
Stopped by the Military Aviation Museum the other day. They acquire new aircraft from time to time so it's fun to see what kind of stuff they have. My eyes about popped out of my head when I saw a Fieseler Fi 156 Storch in their German hangar. I've always thought these were neat airplanes and I don't recall ever having seen one in person. Much less one you can walk up to and touch (if the tour guide isn't watching.)

It's missing an engine; but, it looks like all the connectors are there in the engine cowl. I hope to see it fly early next year.

Image

Image

Image

Image

On a side note. The museum had a real Enigma machine. Very cool!

Image

Re: Fieseler Fi 156 Storch

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:43 am
by digger303
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:cheers2:

Re: Fieseler Fi 156 Storch

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:30 am
by aur0ra145
Looks like the museum got a second Storch at some point. I asked to visit the German hangar and was present with a totally different Storch in their inventory.

Image

Image

It's a bit strange to have the V8 engine mounted upside down. Haven't seen that before.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Fieseler Fi 156 Storch

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:22 am
by Stokesy44
Very cool. Spotted the 190 stalking in the background too.

The Germans had a bit if a thing for the upside down engine install. The Daimler Benz in the 109 was mounted the same way. One of the reasons the 109 has such a distinctive forward section and narrow cockpit.