Page 1 of 1

Airfix 1/72 Heinkel He111 P-2

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:38 am
by WordenB
Been out of action for a while but time I think to post this as finished. I've had it hanging around for several weeks wondering if there was any more I wanted to add but I'm not great at weathering so best left as it is before I completely mess it up.

I found the kit to be generally very good but I am pleased I went for the p/e and other extras, for me the added interest was worth the effort (even the hours of rivetting).

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Airfix 1/72 Heinkel He111 P-2

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:15 am
by Garion77
Marvelous job ! Just receive the H6 version from ICM. You did a great job ! How did the canopies go ? did they fit good ? the airfix Javelin I'm building at the moment as not a good fit on that part. And Airfix being Airfix...

Re: Airfix 1/72 Heinkel He111 P-2

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:54 pm
by WordenB
Garion77 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:15 am Marvelous job ! Just receive the H6 version from ICM. You did a great job ! How did the canopies go ? did they fit good ? the airfix Javelin I'm building at the moment as not a good fit on that part. And Airfix being Airfix...
Thank you very much Francis. The nose canopy section is made up from 4 parts and with a little careful clean up I thought it was a pretty good fit really. The belly gondola is made up from 3 parts and was OK as well. Good luck with your ICM H6 version.

Re: Airfix 1/72 Heinkel He111 P-2

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:54 am
by digger303
Lovely build and paint.
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:

Re: Airfix 1/72 Heinkel He111 P-2

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:46 pm
by WordenB
digger303 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:54 am Lovely build and paint.
:th: :th: :th:
:cheers2:
Thank you very much Mr Digger Sir, most kind.

Re: Airfix 1/72 Heinkel He111 P-2

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:50 pm
by Tomcat64
Super build and lovely paint work - great job.

There's nothing wrong with restrained weathering either - these things were all factory-fresh at one point :th: