Hobbyboss 1/35 Nagmachon with Doghouse
Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:03 am
Morning all you lovers of plastic.
So, another slow build is to commence from home of Donkeywalloper. I have come to the realization I’m not the fastest builder in the world. I like the slow race more than the sprint. Probably as I’m still Full Time in work. The Mrs Walloper needs attention (so she says), and life just catches up with you. I work from home, but it’s still full on and the chances of sneaking out to Man-Cave is few and far between. I have been working from home now for two months. For you that already work from home, how do you find it?
Firstly, I find it incredibly lonely. Once Mrs Walloper goes to work at 08:30, I don’t see anyone. I may see colleagues on Teams if a meeting is scheduled, but it’s not the same. I really see nobody at all until Mrs Walloper comes through door at 18:00. She reckons I talk to her like a Jack Rabbit, according to her of course. I suppose it’s true through.
I do go for a walk at Lunchtime and come whatever the weather, I try to do a circuit of the block just to get some fresh air and get out of house. I find that I do more work than the allotted hours, which you would have thought at “Home” wasn’t possible. I tend to start work at 07:30 (my hours are (08:30 – 16:30), and even then, that can be earlier. “My Office”, the table top in the Dining Room next to the Lounge, and therefore the Sofa that I “Sleep” sitting upright in, has minimal Commuting time now. Three or four steps and I’m at work. I do stop around 18:00 when Mrs Walloper gets in, but am well known to be picking up the work schedule again, when either Pain, no sleep or invariably a combination of the two hits home. I have spoken to M/H practitioners who say this is all wrong. No Sh!& Sherlock. Course it’s wrong. It’s all over the place. Habit and Pain through breeds these systems.
Shall we talk about Modelling, and to cheer the mood? I think this would be a great idea and let’s be honest, if you get me started, I can’t stop as who else can I talk to.
So, this build is nothing to do with the current Political and Military standing. I have keen interest in what is going on but that does not influence this build. I do though find the IDF use of vehicles and Armour extremely interesting. The development and history of the IDF’s uses of military vehicles has shaped and is being shaped currently. I suppose, only real / live warfare is a way of finding out if Vehicles, Armour, Equipment and planning really does work. This is where the IDF are developing constantly through experience of warfare, both urban and open country warfare. Currently, the IDF are seriously working on their FIBUA (or is it now OBUA), it was FIBUA in my days. You would think in Urban Warfare, Armour has no place, but the IDF dose seem to use Nagmachon, Nakpadon, Achzarit and Namer.
I was drawn to this particular Armour subject by its relevance to ongoing events. Its use of British Centurion running gear and its sheer weirdness. It’s such an unholy beast in appearance. So, shall we begin. This is my first Hobbyboss build so I was interested in how the quality and build instructions stacked up. I got this particular model for under £50 (hasn’t decent models shot up in price recently.

I had been buying and making Mr Postman cuss me lately.
These were bought for the Airfix 1/35 Ferret i bought.


Some Tiger decals.







Just bits and bobs.
Bit of damage incurred to box but no damage inside.
I have about 70 unbuilt models on shelves but I wanted this so much, I started on it straight away. I was originally going to build the Dragon 1/35 Conqueror, but after reading a lot of criticism on web regarding measurements and shape of Turret being all wrong, I deferred. I had though bought the following in anticipation and therefore have gone in the stash draw. By the way this was back in early December 2023. Yup you read right, this is from December 2023. Thats how long ago this post goes back.
A lots happened, and if your prepared or even a**ed to carry on, stand by for a bumpy ride
More to come and this is gonna be looooooooooooooooooooong.
DW (John)
So, another slow build is to commence from home of Donkeywalloper. I have come to the realization I’m not the fastest builder in the world. I like the slow race more than the sprint. Probably as I’m still Full Time in work. The Mrs Walloper needs attention (so she says), and life just catches up with you. I work from home, but it’s still full on and the chances of sneaking out to Man-Cave is few and far between. I have been working from home now for two months. For you that already work from home, how do you find it?
Firstly, I find it incredibly lonely. Once Mrs Walloper goes to work at 08:30, I don’t see anyone. I may see colleagues on Teams if a meeting is scheduled, but it’s not the same. I really see nobody at all until Mrs Walloper comes through door at 18:00. She reckons I talk to her like a Jack Rabbit, according to her of course. I suppose it’s true through.
I do go for a walk at Lunchtime and come whatever the weather, I try to do a circuit of the block just to get some fresh air and get out of house. I find that I do more work than the allotted hours, which you would have thought at “Home” wasn’t possible. I tend to start work at 07:30 (my hours are (08:30 – 16:30), and even then, that can be earlier. “My Office”, the table top in the Dining Room next to the Lounge, and therefore the Sofa that I “Sleep” sitting upright in, has minimal Commuting time now. Three or four steps and I’m at work. I do stop around 18:00 when Mrs Walloper gets in, but am well known to be picking up the work schedule again, when either Pain, no sleep or invariably a combination of the two hits home. I have spoken to M/H practitioners who say this is all wrong. No Sh!& Sherlock. Course it’s wrong. It’s all over the place. Habit and Pain through breeds these systems.
Shall we talk about Modelling, and to cheer the mood? I think this would be a great idea and let’s be honest, if you get me started, I can’t stop as who else can I talk to.
So, this build is nothing to do with the current Political and Military standing. I have keen interest in what is going on but that does not influence this build. I do though find the IDF use of vehicles and Armour extremely interesting. The development and history of the IDF’s uses of military vehicles has shaped and is being shaped currently. I suppose, only real / live warfare is a way of finding out if Vehicles, Armour, Equipment and planning really does work. This is where the IDF are developing constantly through experience of warfare, both urban and open country warfare. Currently, the IDF are seriously working on their FIBUA (or is it now OBUA), it was FIBUA in my days. You would think in Urban Warfare, Armour has no place, but the IDF dose seem to use Nagmachon, Nakpadon, Achzarit and Namer.
I was drawn to this particular Armour subject by its relevance to ongoing events. Its use of British Centurion running gear and its sheer weirdness. It’s such an unholy beast in appearance. So, shall we begin. This is my first Hobbyboss build so I was interested in how the quality and build instructions stacked up. I got this particular model for under £50 (hasn’t decent models shot up in price recently.

I had been buying and making Mr Postman cuss me lately.
These were bought for the Airfix 1/35 Ferret i bought.


Some Tiger decals.







Just bits and bobs.
Bit of damage incurred to box but no damage inside.
I have about 70 unbuilt models on shelves but I wanted this so much, I started on it straight away. I was originally going to build the Dragon 1/35 Conqueror, but after reading a lot of criticism on web regarding measurements and shape of Turret being all wrong, I deferred. I had though bought the following in anticipation and therefore have gone in the stash draw. By the way this was back in early December 2023. Yup you read right, this is from December 2023. Thats how long ago this post goes back.
A lots happened, and if your prepared or even a**ed to carry on, stand by for a bumpy ride
More to come and this is gonna be looooooooooooooooooooong.
DW (John)

















































































































































































