1:48 Trumpeter De Havilland Hornet “naked”
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2025 11:01 am

Here’s my “naked” 1:48 Trumpeter De Havilland Hornet.
The idea was to show what the aircraft might look like without any paint or other “protective” coverings applied.
I’d originally planned to use Uschi van der Rosten wood decals however, I ordered some from their website, money was taken from my bank, then… nothing! I paid for the decals in November 24, its now March 25 and I’m still waiting! I’ve not received any answer to my emails or Facebook requests for information on when I’ll receive them.
Happily Mike, of Mike’s Models fame, let me know that Lukgraph had their own wood decals, so I ordered some and they turned up with a week, so the build was saved and I now have a reliable source for any future builds.
Xtreme Metal paints were used for the metallic areas and MRP for the “base” wood panel colour, mainly vallejo was used for the cockpit with some "generic" RAF Eduard PE seat harness being the only aftermarket used.
On with the photo’s…












until next time
as always, any suggestions, criticisms or comments will be gratefully received.
rgds
John(shortCummins)