Happy Easter 2025

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Happy Easter 2025

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Yes Happy Easter to those of the appropriate denomination that celebrate with a long weekend

No Easter egg build for me this year :think:
I am battling a chronic knee injury, am not very mobile and am very snarky about the pain and alteration to my activities and mental state…which is grumpy.
Not much modelling of any sort done over the last four month in 2025; the mojo is definitively knackered by this

I have done a smidge of cartoony woodwork and will show in the video below
I wish you all a happy and peaceful spring

Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Happy Easter 2025

Post by Stokesy44 »

Oh no, what a PITA. Is there any treatment on the horizon?

Physical pain has such an effect on the soul, its a real creativity killer. Here's hoping for better days for you.

Cracking video by the way.
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Happy Easter 2025

Post by digger303 »

Knee's, hips, backs and Hernia's are not much fun when they play up other wise no one gives them a second thought..
Hoping everyone’s Easter is as good as it can be.
Rum or Black Sambuca really take the edge off....as a work around :o :shock: :lol:
The missus and I are too far from the Grandkids so we have a packet and chips and a couple of whisky's and a movie to get through at around 3 :D

:cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Happy Easter 2025

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Thanks guys
Hate taking meds but I have to so I can be even half functional.
I don’t have a leg physically strenuous job and have excellent home supports…my wife is amazing so we are getting by.
The Canadian medical system moves at a snail pace. It is good once in the funnel, just impossible to get in, you need to be almost dead to get attention.
Also there is one funnel…very few options given and all done by statistics, age and cost analysis. So that means I need a full titanium knee replacement period.
There are options for meniscus allograft, but in the US and getting my info there and then a consult has been just as bad and slow
I don’t like to complain
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
aur0ra145
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3161
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 am
Location: TX
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Happy Easter 2025

Post by aur0ra145 »

Happy Easter!

Not as much modelling this year as I'd hoped. Hopefully later this summer/fall I'll get back into it.
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: Happy Easter 2025

Post by digger303 »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Sun Apr 20, 2025 3:29 am Thanks guys
Hate taking meds but I have to so I can be even half functional.
I don’t have a leg physically strenuous job and have excellent home supports…my wife is amazing so we are getting by.
The Canadian medical system moves at a snail pace. It is good once in the funnel, just impossible to get in, you need to be almost dead to get attention.
Also there is one funnel…very few options given and all done by statistics, age and cost analysis. So that means I need a full titanium knee replacement period.
There are options for meniscus allograft, but in the US and getting my info there and then a consult has been just as bad and slow
I don’t like to complain
Takes a while , but you can get a 3d printed metal replacement measured to fit your body. It's printed in Switzerland, but it's the best you can get I believe. No waiting if you have private health care Insurance, my sister had hers done and she's rushing about no trouble now.

:cheers2:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
DBMiller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2290
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Guilford, Vermont, USA
United States of America

Re: Happy Easter 2025

Post by DBMiller »

Sorry about the knee.
Get well and don't worry about the building.
ON THE BENCH: Do I have to say? :(
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Happy Easter 2025

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

DBMiller wrote: Sun Apr 20, 2025 4:31 pm Sorry about the knee.
Get well and don't worry about the building.
Thanks DB :cheers2:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”