Page 1 of 1
recent topics
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2026 10:38 am
by Garion77
Haven't been much on the forum since the name changed, I realize that when I log in now, I don't have the recent topics on my opening page by default how I used to. Can't find how to put back. Any help please.
Re: recent topics
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2026 1:34 pm
by digger303
It is strange as I didn't detect any changes at all and beyond my scope.

Re: recent topics
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2026 3:15 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Use the ‘Active topics’ in the “Quick Links” pulldown on the top left
Nothing has changed there

Re: recent topics
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2026 5:15 pm
by bfrd
That is very (very) odd. The recent topics section should even be available for guest users.
Re: recent topics
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2026 10:57 pm
by digger303
I use Thunderbird as my browser and have a quick link saved to my work home page on the Global scale models page so each time I open it up I'm automatically looking at recent topics.

Re: recent topics
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2026 11:04 pm
by Portman
bfrd wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2026 5:15 pm
That is very (very) odd. The recent topics section should even be available for guest users.
If it helps - before I signed up the first thing I saw as a guest (above all the other boards) was a 'recent topic' section. After I signed up it vanished.
Re: recent topics
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2026 10:48 am
by Garion77
Portman wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2026 11:04 pm
bfrd wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2026 5:15 pm
That is very (very) odd. The recent topics section should even be available for guest users.
If it helps - before I signed up the first thing I saw as a guest (above all the other boards) was a 'recent topic' section. After I signed up it vanished.
it actually does the same thing on my side. For now I use the way Scott mentioned.
Re: recent topics
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2026 11:03 am
by Tomcat64
I don't know if it makes any difference but are you connecting to the site via the new address:
https://www.globalscalemodeller.com/
or redirecting via the old ism address?
I can see the "Recent Topics" section both when I land and after I sign in - it wasn't there when we first migrated but Matthew re-enabled it for us once the bot attacks had settled down.
Re: recent topics
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2026 11:09 am
by Portman
I came in through Global scale modeller.
Re: recent topics
Posted: Thu May 07, 2026 10:18 am
by RangerNeil
I use the globalscalemodeller.com too and the "Recent posts" is only visible by going to the menu, its not displayed on log-in like it used to be.
Re: recent topics
Posted: Thu May 07, 2026 3:33 pm
by bfrd
For those who can't see the recent topics. Can you try launching the site in an InPrivate or Incognito browser session? Do you see the Recent Topics while a guest? Login (your credentials will not be remembered), and let me know if the Recent Topics disappear.
Re: recent topics
Posted: Thu May 07, 2026 4:44 pm
by Quax
I can see it as a guest but not as a logged in user and that’s the same on all browsers I have access to.
Paul
Re: recent topics
Posted: Thu May 07, 2026 7:41 pm
by bfrd
Try again, you may need to log out and log back in.
Re: recent topics
Posted: Fri May 08, 2026 9:45 am
by Quax
I can see them now, thanks Matthew!
cheers
Paul
Re: recent topics
Posted: Fri May 08, 2026 12:43 pm
by RangerNeil
I see them now - logged back in this morning and normal service is restored!!
Thank you for the good work!!