What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
User avatar
DC87
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
England

What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by DC87 »

I was wondering what models or modelling items you want for Christmas in an ideal world.

Who knows maybe Santa/ the other person in our lives will read this thread and act accordingly.

For me I would like to get the Great Wall Hobby MIG-29 after seeing Paul work wonders with the kit as well as Kitty Hawks 1/48 SAAB Gripen oh and if I've been really good a Kitty Hawk 1/48 Eurocopter SA 365F (Dauphin).

So what would you like to see stuck up the chimney with the half eaten carrots below.
Dan C

Filling the workbench with:
Sopwith Snipe late post war
WW1 RFC SE5a

WW1-1/32 Snipe
Workbench gets full with models being built - Buys another workbench!

Image
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Paul »

Tamiyas 1/32 Spitifre and GWH F15
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Nige201980 »

For me it would be the tamiya mossie in 1:48 and the whole Vallejo model air paint range. And anything else that's on my model list that's pinned to the fridge
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
User avatar
DC87
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
England

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by DC87 »

Paul wrote:GWH F15
That's shaping up to be a festive cracker of a kit, can't wait to see some built up shots.
Dan C

Filling the workbench with:
Sopwith Snipe late post war
WW1 RFC SE5a

WW1-1/32 Snipe
Workbench gets full with models being built - Buys another workbench!

Image
User avatar
benc123
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:17 pm
Location: Derby, UK

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by benc123 »

For me its an iwata neo and compressor. AND..... Santa has said I can procure these for myself at Telford! What a nice chap he is! Lol
If it looks right, it is right.

My Portfolio

YouTube Chanel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBenc1234
User avatar
DC87
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
England

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by DC87 »

benc123 wrote: For me its an iwata neo and compressor. AND..... Santa has said I can procure these for myself at Telford! What a nice chap he is! Lol
Very nice, he is a wonderful red faced chap.

Will the elves be collecting it for you :lol:
Dan C

Filling the workbench with:
Sopwith Snipe late post war
WW1 RFC SE5a

WW1-1/32 Snipe
Workbench gets full with models being built - Buys another workbench!

Image
User avatar
Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7322
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Lee »

It would have to be the Tamiya 1/32 Zero and the rest of the range of Alclads :D
Where does all the bloody time go.....?

Owner of Ultimate Modelling Products
User avatar
Nige201980
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4095
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Nige201980 »

Oh and I forgot the full range of Ultimate of course
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy-TGcs5u_ZXSZ9kObNfsPg


On the go at the Mo

Quite a few :banana:
User avatar
DC87
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
England

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by DC87 »

Nige201980 wrote:Oh and I forgot the full range of Ultimate of course
Oh yes of course - 2 of everything for me :th:
Dan C

Filling the workbench with:
Sopwith Snipe late post war
WW1 RFC SE5a

WW1-1/32 Snipe
Workbench gets full with models being built - Buys another workbench!

Image
User avatar
DC87
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
England

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by DC87 »

Lee wrote:It would have to be the Tamiya 1/32 Zero
Just goggled some pics of that, to say my eyes popped would be an understatement, what a great looking kit :drool: :drool:
Dan C

Filling the workbench with:
Sopwith Snipe late post war
WW1 RFC SE5a

WW1-1/32 Snipe
Workbench gets full with models being built - Buys another workbench!

Image
User avatar
Dunhill2005
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:38 pm
Location: Wunstorf, Germany
Germany

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Dunhill2005 »

A Marder 1A5 from Revell in 1/35 and Tamyas German ISAF-Soldiers. Of cause 1/35 too
User avatar
5Craven
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:51 pm
Location: Weymouth, Dorset, UK

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by 5Craven »

A H&S Ultra 2 in 1 with a nice tank compressor to go with it. Also the range of Mr Hobby Aqueous Paints and buffable metals but that's being greedy! :lol:
On the Bench

1/48 Revell SH-60B Seahawk (on hold)
1/72 Matchbox Supermarine Walrus II (Decalling)
1/48 Hasegawa Idolm@ster F-16C (Decals complete)
1/35 Hobbyboss ZSL-92 IFV (Building)
User avatar
alextheblue
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2679
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 am
Location: Slough, United Kingdom
Contact:
Scotland

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by alextheblue »

Fantastic question Dan! :th:

I'm a simple man with simple needs so all I want for Christmas is..................

.............the whole of eModels warehouse!! :eeek: :banana:
"Courage is feeling fear and acting anyway."

www.alextheblue.com
User avatar
DC87
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
England

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by DC87 »

alextheblue wrote: Fantastic question Dan!

I'm a simple man with simple needs so all I want for Christmas is..................

.............the whole of eModels warehouse!!
Thanks Alex.

Ha ha, don't we all. If only eModel's warehouse was built like this then we could tow it to a secret location:
Image
Dan C

Filling the workbench with:
Sopwith Snipe late post war
WW1 RFC SE5a

WW1-1/32 Snipe
Workbench gets full with models being built - Buys another workbench!

Image
User avatar
HamilkarBarkas
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: "Augschburg" Augsburg/Germany

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by HamilkarBarkas »

I don´t think Santa has the capacity to bring me the models i want :)
Apart from that Santa does not exist in Germany, we have the Christkind which manages the delivery of Christmas presents.
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Schoof »

HamilkarBarkas wrote:I don´t think Santa has the capacity to bring me the models i want :)
Apart from that Santa does not exist in Germany, we have the Christkind which manages the delivery of Christmas presents.

Always the Germans who have to be diverent :tongue: :tongue:
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
User avatar
HamilkarBarkas
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: "Augschburg" Augsburg/Germany

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by HamilkarBarkas »

Schoof wrote:
HamilkarBarkas wrote:I don´t think Santa has the capacity to bring me the models i want :)
Apart from that Santa does not exist in Germany, we have the Christkind which manages the delivery of Christmas presents.

Always the Germans who have to be diverent :tongue: :tongue:
Image

VS

Image

Which one would you choose? :banana:
User avatar
modeller
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:43 pm
UN

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by modeller »

Due for release in December from AvantGarde Model Kits is a 1/48 Fouga Magister CM 170... I'll have two please
John.
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Gav0909 »

Ah the new Halley base, really cool. Its on stilts so it can rise up to make sure it doesn't become buried by snow, and its on skis so it can be towed to new locations. Uber cool!

I would love the Trumpeter 1/32 FA-18 SuperHornet kit.
User avatar
Joesdad
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 am
Location: Torquay UK
England

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Joesdad »

Some idea of what I'm doing!!!!! :scratch:: :scratch:: :scratch::
Yes.. It is supposed to look like that!

Tim (Ted)


British Aviation In Scale
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185462564870290/
User avatar
Lego
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:16 pm
Location: Ireland
Ireland

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Lego »

It has to be that premium 1/350 Tamiya yamato. It just looks the dogs dog's dangly bits! Should be for 200 quid :crazy:

The new 1/32 bird cage would be a nice to. :D
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
User avatar
Colin
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:11 pm
Location: N E Scotland

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Colin »

The soon to be released Tamiya 1/6 Harley and a spray booth for me please Santa.
User avatar
Radzy
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 750
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 pm
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Radzy »

Oh, Minicraft's PBM-5 Mariner in 1/72 that's for sure.
Maybe finally some Tigers & Tigers II ... and some russian T-34 I still have none on my shelf
ANd finally some ships... They can be 1/700 scale. At least Prince of Wales, Repulse and some Brittish destroyers to form the Force Z !

If there was only a model of Kawanishi H8K available somewhere over here... :(


and maybe, just maybe a little thing else ... a little E V E R Y T H I N G from my local hobby stores :D (but then... I would rip myself off these great moments of jumping into hobby store just to get some paint and leaving with bags full of goodies... )
WIP:
Tamiya 1:72 F4U-1 Corsair Birdcage
----------------------
My Portfolio
My YouTube Channel
User avatar
wappynutter
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2256
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. UK
Great Britain

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by wappynutter »

I'm quite cheap to please.... Any of these, or at least a couple of them...
An RSO /01 Dragon kit...... RSO /03 the Revell kit would do with the pak 40...
HobbyBoss M4 tractor and maybe an M5 Tractor Hasegawa
Any Sherman kit, any M113 kit and a finemolds Falcon in 1/72 and maybe the same Y-wing but I'm just being greedy now... :th:
:cheers2: Santa..... I've been a good boy... :whistle:
Regards Andy...Image
YouTube Channel..... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRdZFBjr6oO-T-2ydSB4HIg
User avatar
PhildaFish
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1087
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 7:08 pm
Location: Somerset, England
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by PhildaFish »

A compressor and airbrush would be nice, anything that works as I think I'm ready to try my hand at it. If I'm allowed to be greedy and ask for another, a Ultimate wash (dark dirt or mud) to try out as I'm still making my own washes by watering down my Humbrol Acrylic paints and I want to see the difference with a proper wash.


Oh, and an ISM badge!
Please visit my website
Image
For instructions, historical paint charts & paint conversion charts.
Please like Scale World's Facebook page.
My Facebook page.
User avatar
wappynutter
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2256
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. UK
Great Britain

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by wappynutter »

An ISM badge....
Hmmmm now there's a thing........
Gotta be cheaper than a Dragon RSO kit?... Lol... :D :whistle:
I'll tell Santa when I go see him in 3 weeks time... I'm on a Lapland or bust trip with the Mrs and kids... After paying for the trip.... I'm bust alright.. :wtf: :cry:
Good luck with your list Phil....
:cheers2:
Regards Andy...Image
YouTube Channel..... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRdZFBjr6oO-T-2ydSB4HIg
greghatt
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:20 pm
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by greghatt »

I asked santa for the Trumpeter 1/32 A-4f skyhawk, and of course some goodies to go with it. :D
Maritime Hobbies & Crafts

On the bench:

Academy CT-133 *honor our hero's group build
AMT/ERTL 1/48 S-3A Viking
User avatar
kiwigav
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:38 am
Location: Nelson - New Zealand
New Zealand

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by kiwigav »

Well....
Iwata Neo airbrush, some more Vallejo Model Air paints and some of Lee and Paul's fantastic new Ultimate products!!
oh and more Starwars Kits...Not much really
:tongue: :banana:
Cheers Gav

On The Bench OK where do I start :wtf:
UKscalemodeller
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2062
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by UKscalemodeller »

Santa appears to know my email address. He must have used it to find my amazon (other online shopping sites ARE available) wish list and removed the etch tool I had on there :D

One of his elves told me to put a scribing tool on there as well. :)
rodders
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 10:28 am
Location: Northwich, Cheshire, UK

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by rodders »

I would love Tank Art volumes 1 and 2 by Michael Rinaldi. I was told at Telford they were out of print. Plus i would really like to get the Ultimate thinners, cleaner and photo etch tool, and the new Revell 109G6 or a Tiger 1 or 2 possibly by Academy. My birthday is on twelve night so may get some of the above.
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Schoof »

uhm....... 5 minutes of free shopping at E-models................
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
gosselin2112
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 2:18 am
Location: Manchester, Newhampshire USA

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by gosselin2112 »

Dear Santa,

I think I have been a pretty good guy this year. Please check with Mrs. Gosselin for confirmation. I would like a 1/350 resin USS Texas from Iron Shipwright. Oh, and any PE or resin accessories would be great.

I still believe in you!

Russell Gosselin.
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by schweinhund227 »

Better Health for 2014 !

You-Tube to be Fixed !

and Beer !

simple

I have enough models to last me ... 20 years !

LOL :cheers2:
User avatar
chief5437
Major
Major
Posts: 4810
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: England
England

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by chief5437 »

Peace on earth and good will to all men.... Nah, just kidding! Any model stuff will do for me. Although I think mother dearest already got me the Revell 1/32 He111 when modelzone was shutting down. That's me sorted then!
Chief
User avatar
Lego
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:16 pm
Location: Ireland
Ireland

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Lego »

I want to be an episode of duck dynasty and that lego superstar destroyer for the big kid in me
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
User avatar
Gav0909
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2927
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Gav0909 »

Money, new airbrush, any models off my wishlist, any other modelling related stuff off the list as well. No doubt mostly I will get the normal stuff of some socks (maybe), t-shirt/shirt/jumper (delete as appropriate), book or two, some vouchers for shops that are nowhere near where I live, chocolate.
User avatar
ScaleArmorBuilder
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:27 pm
Location: VA, USA

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by ScaleArmorBuilder »

A compressor quieter than 85dB, a gravity fed airbrush, Series 7 brushes, some kits to start a stash.
Maybe some resin figures and diorama parts too...

Im going between the Iwata Neo and the Badger 105 Patriot. :scratch::
Wolf nipple chips
-Coen
WIP's
-Tamiya F-16 C/J 1.72
-1/16 Toilet? :ooops:
-Tamiya T-62 1/35
User avatar
jmar829
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:06 pm
Location: Bloomington, IN, U.S.A.

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by jmar829 »

At this point, I'd just be happy to have time to finish the projects I'm currently working on, and paint to ensure I can begin some new ones.

...and a PS4.

Cheers!
If you're going through hell...keep going.
–Winston Churchill


:fly2:
User avatar
graham22
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 656
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:11 pm
Location: Tamworth Staffs

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by graham22 »

Dear Santa
i would like a
1/350 Trumpeter HMS Westminster
1/72 Revell Airbus A400
and a cuddly toy
Live long and Prosper - where does all the time go?
My Portfolio - My YouTube Channel - Airfix Club member no 610322
on the bench
Completed 2015-9,2014-23 2013-9, 2012-5 - Stash 158
User avatar
modeller
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:43 pm
UN

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by modeller »

modeller wrote:Due for release in December from AvantGarde Model Kits is a 1/48 Fouga Magister CM 170... I'll have two please
Since this post I have learnt that Revel are to release the 1964 Mini Cooper Monte Carlo winner in 1/24.... normally this would be the best news in the modelling world for me...

BUT... damm and blast... I have been gathering the required kit and bits to build this model having already made my own decal set and cast resin wheels for it to celebrate the anniversary of that famous win.... and now it seems every Tom, D!ck and Harry will be able to build it OOB.

I dispare at times :bash:


..... for some reason the site won't let me say that geezer from down the road :crazy:
John.
DesertAAModeller
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:25 pm
Location: Upper Michigan

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by DesertAAModeller »

I would love to have Tamiya's 1/350 Prince of Wales or Trumpy's Belfast, but alas, my local hobby shop doesn't have them. Maybe I'll treat myself after the fat man in the red suit makes his rounds.

To be honest, the only thing I'm expecting is trip to the LHS where my dad will ask me to pick out the things I want/need seeing as my dad has no idea what I'm interested in.
Patric

On the Bench:
Accurate Miniatures 1/48 P-51c
Accurate Miniatures 1/48 SBD Dauntless
AND LOTS MORE!
Schoof
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 am
Location: Veghel, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Schoof »

the entire range off Vallejo model air ( a lifetime suply)
and for the missing collours the entire range off Tamiya accrylics ...........

:D
On the Bench:

Uhm. .... That. ..... And. .. uhm. ... That. ..... And. ..... uhm. ..... That. .... And. ... uhm. .. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much
User avatar
SuperDryBeef
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 9:38 pm
Location: Qc,Canada

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by SuperDryBeef »

I would like the 1/200 trumpeter U.S.S Missouri but I can forget about it, this will never happen.

I love the way people have ships in their wishlist while the maritime section of this website is a ghost town. Maybe it will see more action after Christmas, who know.
RayB24
Private
Private
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:40 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada aka -centre of the universe

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by RayB24 »

I ordered my stuff from Santa yesterday. WNW Fokker E1 and a Sopwith Snipe. When they arrive my better half is hiding them until Christmas... It's going to be weird opening them, I normally build in 1/72 so these are going to seem like models for giants...

I also wanted ultimate thinner and airbrush cleaner but it seems you can't get them in Canada yet sigh

Ray
gosselin2112
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 2:18 am
Location: Manchester, Newhampshire USA

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by gosselin2112 »

SuperDryBeef wrote:I would like the 1/200 trumpeter U.S.S Missouri but I can forget about it, this will never happen.

I love the way people have ships in their wishlist while the maritime section of this website is a ghost town. Maybe it will see more action after Christmas, who know.

Good eye. I must admit that maritime models are traditionally the longest subjects to build in the hobby. Some of the very best ship modelers work for years on their subjects. Well. . . the D-Day GB is coming soon. I know I'll be doing something that floats. :nena:
DesertAAModeller
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:25 pm
Location: Upper Michigan

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by DesertAAModeller »

gosselin2112 wrote:
SuperDryBeef wrote:I would like the 1/200 trumpeter U.S.S Missouri but I can forget about it, this will never happen.

I love the way people have ships in their wishlist while the maritime section of this website is a ghost town. Maybe it will see more action after Christmas, who know.

Good eye. I must admit that maritime models are traditionally the longest subjects to build in the hobby. Some of the very best ship modelers work for years on their subjects. Well. . . the D-Day GB is coming soon. I know I'll be doing something that floats. :nena:
I couldn't agree more. I think another reason is, when I and many others were kids, ships were most always in the biggest boxes with eye-catching artwork that always catches one's eye.
Patric

On the Bench:
Accurate Miniatures 1/48 P-51c
Accurate Miniatures 1/48 SBD Dauntless
AND LOTS MORE!
User avatar
NovYank
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:40 pm
Location: New York

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by NovYank »

I's have to say that I most want to finish the build surplus of kits that I've neglected...with that being said...I've been good this year and I believe Jolly Saint Nick should bring me...

Image


and



Image






I also have to add a bunch of paint and weathering products that would take up a few pages to list.
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance
User avatar
Trainboy153
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:05 pm
Location: Miami,Florida, United States

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Trainboy153 »

for me, a few old airfix railway kits and 2 bf-109s, 1 spitfire, p-51, a few gift sets. Yay!! christmas 26 days away
Rammit
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:42 pm

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Rammit »

Eduard MiG-21PFM ProfiPack, and some Alclads, hopefully...
On the bench:

Tamiya 1/35 Pz.Kpfw. VI 'Tiger'

Tamiya 1/35 FV4030/4 'Challenger I'

Hobby Boss 1/48 Me-262A1a 'Schwalbe'
User avatar
Coen
General
General
Posts: 10136
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: What modelling goodies do you want Santa to bring?

Post by Coen »

I'm actually not allowed to get modelling related things for the holidays haha.
It's verboten.
My family likes that my hobby makes me happy, but they hate my hobby.
I'm also not allowed to spend money on my hobby after November 01... It's all for the kids and family till after January 1st.
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”