Page 1 of 1

Yet another Downfall..spoof...This time modeling related

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:18 pm
by generalgrog
I saw this vid on youtube, thought you guys might like it. I've seen this scene spoofed many times for other subjects, and it never seems to get old for me. :lol:

I especially could relate to the bit about the dragon kits...as I'm working on one right now.

Warning:
There are some subtitled swear words in the video.



GG

Re: Yet another Downfall..spoof...This time modeling related

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:48 pm
by ForbesHutton
LOL.

Finally I agree with Hitler.

But really, Dragon is doing themselves no favours in the long run with the 700 part kits. If I had bought one of those when I was 12 (instead of Tamiyas) I would have given up on the Hobby. Too many small and fiddly bits for older modellers with aging eyes and too many bits for younger, impatient ones.

Re: Yet another Downfall..spoof...This time modeling related

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:57 pm
by schweinhund227
Thanks for sharing ! Funny but true !

Re: Yet another Downfall..spoof...This time modeling related

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:28 pm
by generalgrog
ForbesHutton wrote:LOL.

Finally I agree with Hitler.

But really, Dragon is doing themselves no favours in the long run with the 700 part kits. If I had bought one of those when I was 12 (instead of Tamiyas) I would have given up on the Hobby. Too many small and fiddly bits for older modellers with aging eyes and too many bits for younger, impatient ones.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not poo pooing the kit, because it does open up a lot of modelling options, but it can be frustrating at times for a newbie.

Maybe it should have had some sort of warning, like for "advanced hobbyist" or something. I didin't really know what I was walking into when I bought it. (newly returned to hobby)

GG

Re: Yet another Downfall..spoof...This time modeling related

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:28 pm
by generalgrog
Nevermind...I am now poo pooing the kit, because it's full of errors in the instructions!!

I had been able to work through the other ones, but this latest one takes the cake, it had reversed the front hood braces, mis numbered and had right and left hand braces reversed, and I didn't find out about it unitl after they were glued....grrrrrrr.

Maybe ill make my own downfall video about this kit... :pistols:
GG

Re: Yet another Downfall..spoof...This time modeling related

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:35 am
by chief5437
generalgrog wrote:Nevermind...I am now poo pooing the kit, because it's full of errors in the instructions!!

I had been able to work through the other ones, but this latest one takes the cake, it had reversed the front hood braces, mis numbered and had right and left hand braces reversed, and I didn't find out about it unitl after they were glued....grrrrrrr.

Maybe ill make my own downfall video about this kit... :pistols:
GG
I feel your pain buddy! However, I kind of like the kits with loads of parts, I find the build more enjoyable than the painting. So more parts = more building time. Those dragon destructions can be vague though! Lol! Good luck dude.

Re: Yet another Downfall..spoof...This time modeling related

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:18 am
by HamilkarBarkas
I don“t mind it to have so many parts in a kit, it actually improves the level of detail. one thing i do not like aswell are the errors in the instructions, you can get it right with some research but not always.
However, Dragon is pretty much my favourite brand.

Re: Yet another Downfall..spoof...This time modeling related

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:39 am
by WBsDragoons
About sums it up alright lol

Hamilkar you`d have loved the old meccano sets from way back .they deliberately gave you instructions with mistakes in them :th:

Re: Yet another Downfall..spoof...This time modeling related

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:00 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
WBsDragoons wrote:About sums it up alright lol

Hamilkar you`d have loved the old meccano sets from way back .they deliberately gave you instructions with mistakes in them :th:
Maybe thats what Dragon is doing aswell :banana: assembling a model using a perfect instruction - thats for noobs :bash:

Re: Yet another Downfall..spoof...This time modeling related

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:02 am
by oldnewbie
that vid is absolutely hilarious! :lol:

Re: Yet another Downfall..spoof...This time modeling related

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:32 am
by simon
Vids great, sums up how I feel at times with the more complex types of kit, and as for the instructions...

Re: Yet another Downfall..spoof...This time modeling related

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:37 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Robert from BasicModelling made an awesome one too a couple of years ago.

enjoy :)

[youtube]HL9qH27WUvc[/youtube]

Re: Yet another Downfall..spoof...This time modeling related

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:16 pm
by JayCub
:lol: :lol: now that was one of the better versions i have seen... a good laugh.

Re: Yet another Downfall..spoof...This time modeling related

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:01 pm
by generalgrog
HamilkarBarkas wrote:Robert from BasicModelling made an awesome one too a couple of years ago.

enjoy :)
Secret spitfire...classic!! :lol: :lol:

GG