Page 1 of 1

You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:17 am
by Bassman
I was just wondering.

I think the majority of my models are singles, but there have been exception...

I know I have occasionally bought two of the same Aircraft kit just to do the alternate markings.

I once bought a couple of Revell 1/24 DAF (like the Italeri Space Cab but low roof) 3300 (I think!) trucks as they were a very good price. But what is the most of one kit that you have bought?

I think my maximum is three.

I have three AMT/Matchbox Volvo F10/F12 kits, bought at different times. One is the original release with Chrome wheels and the other two have non-Chromed wheels (I bought those two together - again a good price)... at least I could do all three versions.

I think I only have two of the ERTL Volvo N10 (that thing came with some of the chassis parts in metal and was a pain to assemble - I think I got as far as the chassis on one). That way I could do a RHD and LHD version.

Most recent was the Revell Routemaster. First purchased in Boswells of Oxford at full price. Second from Amazon about £10 cheaper and the thrird when Modelzone did their sale and I got it via Amazon for £19.99. The intention is to make one out of the box. A major conversion to the Front Entrance Bus is on the cards, but seeing that most of the upstairs windows were arranged differently, the prospect is daunting. The third purchased due to the price and thoughts of a "What-if" in the old livery of my old local bus service (now run by a different company) in the nice original livery of City of Oxford Motor Services. I have a few diecasts I can use for colour matching.

Now... if I had a permanent work space to attempt something large...

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:44 am
by UKscalemodeller
I bought two zvezda Bf109F-2 to make my ww2 GB, was so impressed I got two more. It helps that I REALLY like the 109 and the F is my favourate version.

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:37 am
by BrummieModeller
I have 9 of the airfix 1/72 red arrow kits lol I will let you guess what my plan is for them lol :tongue: :thumb2: :banana:

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:41 am
by Gav0909
The most I have just now of the same kit is two of the Airfix 1/72 Spitfire MkVbs. This would appear to be one of the few Spitfires they haven't yet re-tooled! The first one I bought as I wanted the kit, and tarted it with a bit of AM, then got the same kit again in the Wings Under The Red Star Airfix Club kit, so it has Soviet decals.

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:52 am
by DC87
I got 2 of the 1/32 Revell Red Arrows Hawk, the 2nd one will be a Saudi Hawk. Also have 3 1/72 Revell NH-90 army - both kits are dirt cheap so couldn't resist.

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:08 pm
by modeller
I've a few multiples of certain kits...

Image


I also have 3 (1/48) Tamiya Spitfire Vb's to go with a Spitfire Mk.1 so I can build this man's aircraft...

Image

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:21 am
by WebbyNZ
I have all singles except for a small hotel i have for a diorama i wanna de next year. i figure ill need to bash the 2 kits to get the look i want.
Apart from that the only doubles i'd get would be things like F1 cars where there is 2 different markings

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:24 am
by Bassman
I remembered another double. The AMT XB/YB 35 Flying Wing. I think the second was on special. At least I can build both propeller configurations.

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:12 am
by Gb64c
I have several Tamyia German Field Kitchens, a couple mounted Infantry, at least two; T34/76, KV 1, and maybe 2 or 3 P IV, and maybe two of the Ruskie Jeeps and us jeeps.

I just grab what is cheap sometimes.

Quantity is a quality in itself- someone said that....

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:07 pm
by Colin
Just had to go check, I've bought 15 Tamiya 1/12 YZR-M1's ! all but two have different markings/riders though and the two that are same markings/rider differ in that one is posed with the rider leaning off and the other a solo exhibit of same machine :)

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:35 pm
by EasyEight96
I've bought 4 matchbox 1/72 F-4 phantom with different boxart from the original mould to the last reissue lol

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:36 pm
by gosselin2112
I have three Tamiya 1/35 Tiger Is. Can't seem to have enough big cats in the stash :tongue:

Russ

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:01 am
by rm6239
I have Eduard's Profile pack version of the MiG21 - MF and also have the Bunny Kit in the stash, add in the Egyptian Marking one I've made that is 3 of this kit.

cheers

Rossco

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:48 pm
by chief5437
I've got two Eduard Fw-190s, one built, but only 'cos they came as a pair. And two B-2's, I must've clicked on it twice by mistake. No one wants two of those kits! Lol!

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:41 pm
by longlance67
ive got three strykers in the stash lol


just nine more to go lol


thanks shane

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:52 am
by simon
seem to aquire panthers for some reason, so I decided to build something else and now have an increasing numbers of leopards...oh well :th:

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:49 am
by DesertAAModeller
I got two of the same kit, Accurate Miniatures 1/48 Dauntless, one in original boxing and one Italeri boxing.

Re: You bought how many of that kit?!

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:08 am
by Tonygol
I have 3 Academy F-15I in the stash.