Page 1 of 1
Halifax interior colour
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:59 am
by EasyEight96
Hi need some help here... Does anyone know which colour should I use to paint the black interior?? I am using tamiya acrylics to paint it
Cheers
Matt
Re: Halifax interior colour
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:03 am
by ForbesHutton
It doesn't seem like the interior was black, unless you mean some parts like the control panels, etc:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=halifax+ ... 54#imgdii=_
Re: Halifax interior colour
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:24 am
by Gav0909
Yeah the Halifax would have been standard British interior green. As Forbes said if you mean for radio boxes, control panels etc then any matt black would do I am sure.
Re: Halifax interior colour
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:26 am
by EasyEight96
The so called black I am referring is the part like the bomb bay and the, fuselage after painting the interior green
Re: Halifax interior colour
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:32 am
by Gav0909
Is XF-1 (or 2) whatever one is "normal" Tamiya black not suitable? That's what I would use. Just a matt black.
Re: Halifax interior colour
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:33 am
by EasyEight96
Ok will give it a try thanks Gav
Re: Halifax interior colour
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:44 am
by Paul
Yep xf1 then dry brushed with some light grey will give that effect
Re: Halifax interior colour
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:06 pm
by ForbesHutton
The Tamiya "black rubber" is a softer black that might work well.
Re: Halifax interior colour
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:18 pm
by EasyEight96
Thanks for the tips earlier I painted it XF-24 but it turn out to be to bright. Will correct it later. Thank you again for the helps guys
Matt