Page 1 of 21

Show us your stash!

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:20 pm
by Gav0909
So credit to Brummiemodeller for this idea. How about people stick pics up of their model stashes! Some people must have some impressive ones (oo er!)

Mine has two unbuilt kits in it, so not really worth showing!

On you go!

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:28 pm
by BrummieModeller
Hmmm yeah it was my idea but now I've opened my big mouth I better show my stash lol bare with me though might take some time I have to empty my cupboard first lol so i'll be back to post soon :mrgreen: :o :shock: :lol:

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:46 pm
by Lee
Still need pics guys ;)

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:52 pm
by BrummieModeller
I know I know lol :D im working on it :mrgreen: lets see your stash too then lee :o

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:58 pm
by PhildaFish
OK, I'll jump in first then! I've been given a 2 shelf maximum, I reckon I can still squeeze a few more in there! Took the photo at a funny angle which makes the shelves look like they're all wonky!
Image

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:04 pm
by schweinhund227
my YT Videos are my stash... LOL no need to show off more than that...! but I am sure some here will impress even the strongest of us... with their collection !

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:59 pm
by Lee
brummiemodeller wrote:I know I know lol :D im working on it :mrgreen: lets see your stash too then lee :o
Mine are all stashed away in shelves and units. I'll get them out tomorrow if I get time :)

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:12 pm
by BrummieModeller
So after digging all these out of my cupboard and took ages to put them all back lol here is my stash :dance: 50 in total i counted :shock: :mrgreen:

Image

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:25 pm
by Lee
Both cool stashes - :thumb2:

A LOT of Airfix and Revell so far......... :)

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:28 pm
by BrummieModeller
Thanks only reason i mainly have airfix and revell kits is i can't afford all the other makers and bigger scales lol most them in my pile are sale kits from modelzone :thumb2: :mrgreen:

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:46 pm
by Paul
My stash is rather small, as I'm a fussy bugger with models, well I say small there's 50 in there i just counted them, mostly them are 1/144 though.

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:06 pm
by BrummieModeller
i have a few 1/144 never done one before though i have 50 kits and counting lol :dance:

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:29 pm
by UKscalemodeller
brummiemodeller wrote:So after digging all these out of my cupboard and took ages to put them all back lol here is my stash :dance: 50 in total i counted :shock: :mrgreen:

You planning on an entire red arrows team then?

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:15 pm
by Gav0909
Yeah Ian, he has 9 kits there. I am going to be doing the same sometime in the future as well.

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:47 pm
by BrummieModeller
Yep we sure are It will be fun :mrgreen:

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:27 pm
by Johni044
Given the circumstances of a multitude of little ones running around my house, it has resulted in my stash being kept up a height therefore I have
Stash 1
Image

Stash 2
Image

Stash 3
Image
Which I am ashamed to say is more a WIP stash

and lastly under my bed
Stash 4
Image
There are more hiding under the bed and at the rear of the ones on top of the wardrobe, I will get round to photographing it in it's entirety if not for insurance purposes ( they are worth more than my car taking replacement value into consideration)

It also means most nights my kitchen converts from
Image

to
Image

and them put away again before I drag my sorry butt to bed.

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:32 pm
by BrummieModeller
Some nice kits within that stash mate :thumb2: :mrgreen:

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:03 pm
by Lee
Love the way you've stashed all over the place. It's like your a model prepper with 2nd and 3rd redundancies......lol :)

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:08 pm
by Telegraphist
I need a bigger cupboard, just over 100 kits in there, nearly all are WW2, maybe 10 or so kits are no 1:72 or 1:76 scale. Vast majority are Airfix.
Image
I keep buying in reinforcements even so I could not finish this lot in a couple of years. Family presents and bulk buys, cheap prices on ebay and now look at the place.
Trying to get back into the full swing of the hobby, so I keep buying trying to find a trigger to get me back into the swing of things, build at least 1 kit a week, paint and weather it and onto the next.
Dave.

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:21 pm
by BrummieModeller
I know what you mean with seeing the bargain's you just have to have them and you end up with a house full of kits to build lol :banana:

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:33 pm
by Lee
Can you say Airfix addict.......!!!!

:eeek:

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:15 pm
by Lee
Here's my humble stash.....

Image

50 exactly - Didn't realise I'd accrued so many :wtf:

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:21 pm
by BrummieModeller
Nice stash lee :) seems like we all have 50 in our shash's i have 50 you have 50 and paul has 50 lol :banana:

ps. i want to get the A440m i liked the review you did :thumb2:

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:27 pm
by Telegraphist
Why do we all do it, I try to justify it as the freedom of choice to pick whatever kit I want, straight away, no waiting, just open it up and go build/paint it.
Something to show for stopping smoking instead of it all going up in smoke. Being divorced has some advantages, I am the only (very big and old) kid involved :nena:
Dave.

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:45 pm
by Gav0909
Lee I built that 1/48 Revell "Black Tomcat" when I was a kid lol.

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:06 pm
by Lee
Gav0909 wrote:Lee I built that 1/48 Revell "Black Tomcat" when I was a kid lol.
lol.... I'll be putting it up as a prize soon as I bought it for a GB some where else, but never got around to building it as it's not my cup of tea :D

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:54 pm
by 5Craven
I will drag out and photo my stash over the weekend, promise! I will also say something along the lines of "Hello, my name is Dave and I am a scale modeller!" In the mean time I have a useful tool for all my fellow stashers. Its called Suisoft KitBase and its a custom built database for models. The basic functions are free but you need to register and pay to unlock the more advanced features. You may find it useful and I think its worth a look. In case you ask I have no personal interest in this at all!

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:07 pm
by Lee
I've heard of that - I just thought it was a paid bit of software. Will have a look - Cheers :D

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:06 am
by gosselin2112
This is a great idea! If any of you have been following my channel, I stored my stash in a non-climate control storage unit in New England (freezing cold in the winter; humid as heck in the summer). So, I'll post some pics of it when I return home later in July. Keep your fingers crossed, hoping the warping isn't too bad. :crazy:

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:10 am
by schweinhund227
gosselin2112 wrote:This is a great idea! If any of you have been following my channel, I stored my stash in a non-climate control storage unit in New England (freezing cold in the winter; humid as heck in the summer). So, I'll post some pics of it when I return home later in July. Keep your fingers crossed, hoping the warping isn't too bad. :crazy:
Ouch ! that's sound expensive as hell !!! I wish you luck my friend ! :ooops:

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:11 am
by Bagpiper
I'm up to a whopping 4 models in my stash. lol Not worth taking a photography just yet

Cheers
Jim

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:59 am
by coladito1
Here is just 1/3 of my stash, the rest is in boxes at my mothers house. So let's just say that thanks to a friend of mine I have enough kits for the next 5 years or so. :banana:

Image


the Spitfire and the Skyraider are what I like to call: "practice kits":
Image

You can also add the Academy 1/48 Apache AH-64D "grey camo". :D

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:39 am
by WebbyNZ
Nice collections guys.
I dont have any pics of the stash (or stashes as they are in a couple of cupboards) but i do have a list here
I have been building up for a while as its hard to get decent kits downunder so if something comes up or the exchange rate gets good i tend to stock up.

http://www.3inatub.com/Kitset/Stash.htm

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:59 pm
by 5Craven
Right, I dug all of the stash out and sorted it into 3 groups to photo. I hadn't quite realized how much stuff I had :o . Well when I say that, obviously I knew what kits I had, I just had never had them all out together! So yes I am a styrene addict :crazy: . I am either going to need a straight-coat and an expensive psychiatrist or encouragement to keep going :D .

So Stash group 1 is 1/72 scale aircraft plus a few odds and sods. Some of the aircraft in the Airfix gift sets have been built.

Image

Stash group 2 is 1/48 scale aircraft. Guess I like Eduard kits a lot!

Image

Stash group 3 is 1/35 scale AFVs and artillery, mostly Tamiya.

Image

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:01 pm
by Telegraphist
Nice collection everybody, we will all be OK for them rainy days indoors.
Here is mine in more detail, how has it come to this.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

I also have about another dozen kits that have been started in some way or form or painted started on some parts, not including them. It is the space for them, add the paints, gift set glue tubes, and other stuff like scenery, it takes over the house and that is not including the work station/workbench.

The worse bit is that there are plenty more kits out there of planes, tanks, or whatever that I will need to get to add to the collection, I have not a lot in the way of bombers from WWII as yet, need to fix that but where to put them.

I really need to get busy and build these, or at least get a start on something and whittle the stash down a bit. I need to place a brake on the spending, build 10 so I can buy in something new to the stash.
Dave.

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:18 pm
by PhildaFish
All these pics of everyone's great stashes makes me want to buy more! I've seen a Wellesley, a Victor and a Wellington that I'd love to add to my stash! Whilst posting your stashes how about answering the question:
Do you prefer the modelling or the collecting?

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:23 pm
by Lee
Hi caramba that's a lot of Airfix....!!!

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:24 pm
by Lee
PhildaFish wrote:All these pics of everyone's great stashes makes me want to buy more! I've seen a Wellesley, a Victor and a Wellington that I'd love to add to my stash! Whilst posting your stashes how about answering the question:
Do you prefer the modelling or the collecting?
I am a bit of a collector by nature, but I love building the models more.... 8-)

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:45 pm
by Telegraphist
I do enjoy the building side to things, the main reason I started is so I can identify a fighter or a tank or whatever, tell the variants apart, what made them what they are really. Best way to do that is to build them, not really feasible with real war machinery but model kits make that possible, learn history and be a kid at the same time.

I also had corrective lens surgery on my eyes last year, these kits help to get my eyes working again but that vital range where being in focus and close enough to see comfortably is not longer as it was so I need to use magnifiers to overcome this. I do not need glasses, but magnifiers make a huge difference to my ability to see better for this hobby. Maybe once I get a comfortable head set loupe then maybe I can get into the building side a bit more. Having recently just rattled though so many kits with parts all looking the same, I have hit 'the wall' to building things, I just need some time to recovery and get back into the swing of being a kid again.

Just think of all the Airfix flying hours I can trade in now, once I get space and my cupboard back.

Phil, just think what you can buy for the price of cigs packets, hope you still have stopped or at least dramatically cut down smoking, what is the prices nowadays roughly a small 1:72 kit for the same price as 20 cigs or so? Same with drinking, a bottle of wine or a Airfix kit, easy choice eh.
Dave.

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:34 pm
by Bagpiper
I'm starting to get an inferiority complex because of my stash of 4... Now where is the pity me smilie. :banana: :banana: :banana:

haha

Cheers
Jim

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:50 pm
by Paul
Some great stashes guys :thumb2:

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:54 pm
by 5Craven
I have plans for that Victor! I once saw a painting of a Vulcan refueling from a Victor in a thunderstorm during Operation Blackbuck against the airstrip at Stanley. If there has ever been one image that has said 'build me' its that one. Working out how to do it may be the tricky bit but I am on the lookout for a Vulcan to add to the stash as the next step.

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:12 pm
by Lee
5Craven wrote:I have plans for that Victor! I once saw a painting of a Vulcan refueling from a Victor in a thunderstorm during Operation Blackbuck against the airstrip at Stanley. If there has ever been one image that has said 'build me' its that one. Working out how to do it may be the tricky bit but I am on the lookout for a Vulcan to add to the stash as the next step.

Do you have a copy of the pic? If so, post it mate :)

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:22 pm
by 5Craven
Found a low res copy of the painting called 40 degrees south. My memory deceived me and it actually shows a Victor to Victor refuelling but the Vulcan refuelled under the same conditions so I must have substituted aircraft in my mind. Still doing this lit with LEDs and camera flash units for lighting is playing in my mind!

Image

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:24 pm
by Lee
5Craven wrote:Found a low res copy of the painting called 40 degrees south. My memory deceived me and it actually shows a Victor to Victor refuelling but the Vulcan refuelled under the same conditions so I must have substituted aircraft in my mind. Still doing this lit with LEDs and camera flash units for lighting is playing in my mind!

Image
Great stuff. That will make an amazing dio!

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:32 pm
by Paul
5Craven wrote:Found a low res copy of the painting called 40 degrees south. My memory deceived me and it actually shows a Victor to Victor refuelling but the Vulcan refuelled under the same conditions so I must have substituted aircraft in my mind. Still doing this lit with LEDs and camera flash units for lighting is playing in my mind!

Image
Awesome picture 8-)

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:17 am
by PhildaFish
Bagpiper wrote:I'm starting to get an inferiority complex because of my stash of 4... Now where is the pity me smilie. :banana: :banana: :banana:

haha

Cheers
Jim
You mean this one, mate? :violin:

I love to collect but never intended to build a stash! When I started out last March I was rattling through kits at about one model per two days but then I started to do the canopy framing and the pace slowed. Then I started to do more work inside the cockpit and the completion rate really dropped off. Then, whilst building a Sturmovik, I made the horrible realisation that Airfix kits weren't EXACT replicas and, well, models started taking weeks instead of days but the buying rate... It's not my fault if everyone keeps having really good sales, is it?!?!?

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:53 am
by Bagpiper
Oh! Yes I get it now. :violin: Sweet. I have a feeling I will get betting more though but not for a wee while. I actually held of buying (OK Not held off so much but enough to not get noticed as money escaping from the bank account) :lol: as I want a new camera lens that I really really need. lol

All the best.

Jim

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:05 am
by Nige99
Ok this just took me 30 minutes to get out of the hide hole and to take pics of :eeek: hope you like my stash?

Stash1 this is wont my wife knows about


Image

And the rest!!

Stash 2


Image

stash 3
Image

stash 4
Image

stash 5
Image

stash 6
Image

stash 7
Image

stash 8
Image

stash 9
Image

And the lot together
Image

Re: Show us your stash!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:46 am
by Paul
Yeah now that's a stash mate, I would hate to think of the trouble if claire found that lot mate. :eeek:
Some great kits in there

I bet that dragon Jagdtiger is a beast too