Page 1 of 1
Mig is back!
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:27 pm
by PhildaFish
I'm not sure how many of you already know this but Mig Jiminez is back with his own company this time, called 'Ammo' with the outstanding tag line of "What good is an AK without AMMO?"
His new website is here:
http://www.migjimenez.com/en/
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:30 pm
by NorthernSwede
Haha clever name and slogan. Looking good and nice to have him back.
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:46 pm
by Schoof
great site just !
i wonder how long it will take Lee and Paul to get there hands on the Primers for testing ?!
i just had a look .... there is a minimun of €15 per order or they wont even send it.........not so nice
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:07 pm
by Lego
Schoof what do you get for €15 these days anyway.
Why test the primers they are the ak stuff rebottled

Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:31 pm
by Schoof
Lego wrote:
Why test the primers they are the ak stuff rebottled

I would think he would have to make some change to the mix so it won't be exactly the same. .. legal stuff and so
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:11 pm
by Paul
Schoof wrote:Lego wrote:
Why test the primers they are the ak stuff rebottled

I would think he would have to make some change to the mix so it won't be exactly the same. .. legal stuff and so
It doesn't matter if it's exactly the same, I would guess it'll be the same stuff
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:14 pm
by Filo387
Great looking site. Some amazing weathering stuff there
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:53 pm
by Schoof
Paul wrote:Schoof wrote:Lego wrote:
Why test the primers they are the ak stuff rebottled

I would think he would have to make some change to the mix so it won't be exactly the same. .. legal stuff and so
It doesn't matter if it's exactly the same, I would guess it'll be the same stuff
OK didn't know that.
Well yeah then it probably will be exactly the same
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:32 pm
by ForbesHutton
Schoof wrote:Lego wrote:
Why test the primers they are the ak stuff rebottled

I would think he would have to make some change to the mix so it won't be exactly the same. .. legal stuff and so
The new stuff will be made with love in it...
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:35 pm
by ForbesHutton
I'm waiting for him to bring out a super glue, "MIG weld".

Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:43 am
by George
I've never used any of his product before is it any good. I just started getting back into modeling. I have mostly tamiya paints. But i am looking for a good brush paint. Any suggestions?
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:31 am
by chief5437
I've only got a few AK products, but I wish him all the luck in the world! I know what it's like to be screwed over by someone you trust (yes, family!). It's good to see he has some loyal friends around him.
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:42 am
by LocoFeldwebel
He seems to have a following. I haven't used any of his stuff yet but might make a good test.
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:11 am
by UKscalemodeller
ForbesHutton wrote:
The new stuff will be made with love in it...
EWWWW! or am I reading that with a sicker mind than it was written?
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:12 am
by Lee
UKscalemodeller wrote:ForbesHutton wrote:
The new stuff will be made with love in it...
EWWWW! or am I reading that with a sicker mind than it was written?
PMSL...

Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:33 am
by PhildaFish
UKscalemodeller wrote:ForbesHutton wrote:
The new stuff will be made with love in it...
EWWWW! or am I reading that with a sicker mind than it was written?

Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:53 pm
by schweinhund227
Yeah... Dr. Cranky posted on the web yesterday !!!
I might RE-Label my AK bottles...
I know the Paint company Owner.... that made the paints and bottled the AK stuff has Terminated his association with AK.... and went with Mig !
so AK ... is left hanging !
The Magazines are back with MIG....
His Washes and Streaking and pigments... and I figure... he will reel in the rest...
so... AK is basically fudged !
what will throw me off is the Name changes... for the products ...
as pigment names... and stuff.. for a while anyway!
I wish him well ! I can't live without my MIG JIMENEZ stuff !
Thanks for posting this!
Good news in deed !
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:13 pm
by Gav0909
I think we need to get Mig onto the forum......
I am at the point in my modelling where I want to start adding in the use of these "special" effects for weathering etc, and I for one will be buying Mig's stuff rather than AK stuff, I think his work out a touch cheaper as well do they not? Or are they comparable on price?
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:40 pm
by schweinhund227
Gav0909 wrote:I think we need to get Mig onto the forum......
I am at the point in my modelling where I want to start adding in the use of these "special" effects for weathering etc, and I for one will be buying Mig's stuff rather than AK stuff, I think his work out a touch cheaper as well do they not? Or are they comparable on price?
Nha its not really cheaper !
its a niche market... so its ... priced ok!
I hope Lucky Models will pick up the new LINE and give us a break on the price...
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:31 pm
by Lego
Watch for a sale of ak stuff on luckymodels.
Follow the ammo and not the ak for he is a nonbeliever.
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:54 pm
by schweinhund227
Lego wrote:Watch for a sale of ak stuff on luckymodels.
Follow the ammo and not the ak for he is a nonbeliever.
Well said!

Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:11 pm
by Filo387
£13 p&p is a bit steep. Will have to watch out for a uk distributor
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:54 pm
by schweinhund227
AK America was the same
That's why I am waiting for Lucky model Hong Kong
To pick it up!
USA to Canada = 20$ shipping for 1 bottle
China to Canada = 3$. For same bottle!
My math has been bad for years
But that is Wallet friendly!
Hope you like the new products?
When ever you come across them!
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:02 am
by Filo387
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:46 am
by Lee
They're all out of stock bud, but it does mean that they are imminent for John.
I take it that these will be exactly the same as the AK colours then?
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:15 am
by Paul
Lee wrote:
They're all out of stock bud, but it does mean that they are imminent for John.
I take it that these will be exactly the same as the AK colours then?
I would think so yes mate

Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:35 am
by Filo387
Lee wrote:
They're all out of stock bud, but it does mean that they are imminent for John.
I take it that these will be exactly the same as the AK colours then?
I did see that after I posted it. But like you said at least there is a way to get it in the uk.
Re: Mig is back!
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:53 pm
by Filo387
I put an order in on Friday then another one today. John mailed me to tell me he's is gonna put both orders together and give me points to cover postage. I asked when the ammo is coming and he has order it he thinks next weekend. Here's hoping.