Page 1 of 1
few questions from a newbie. compressor,washes,diorama kit
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:50 pm
by fred29
Hi all i have a few questions
1.
I'm looking to get a compressor in the new year i think a budget of 120.00 will be reasonable. What do you suggest?
2.
Could someone tell me how to make empty cartridge cases from weapons. or are they bought in?
3.
do you think home made washes and filters are ok? or would you recommend bought ones? whats your opinion on both
thanks guys really appreciate the help
Re: few questions from a newbie. compressor,washes,diorama k
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:03 pm
by ScaleArmorBuilder
1. I would recommend the Master brand TC-20T compressor with tank. (also sold under other names)
Its quiet, fairly small, inexpensive ($89) and comes with a regulator and hose (on Amazon).
2. You could make them from appropriate sized brass rod/tube, by cutting off small sections, and being the right material you wont have to paint them.
3. Ive made my own oil washes before with good results. Although I have a few washes/filters from the hobby shop.
Just make sure the medium/thinner your using to make your own are compatible with the paint your putting it on.
Re: few questions from a newbie. compressor,washes,diorama k
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:15 pm
by fred29
thank you very much for the reply
il check them out
Re: few questions from a newbie. compressor,washes,diorama k
Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:22 pm
by ScaleModelling1105
1. I bought the AS-186 Compressor with tank. It's great value (cost me about £70) and it came with two cheap Chinese airbrushes to get used to.
2. Like already said buy some thin metal rod/tube and cut to size.
3. If your gonna make a wash using oils then make sure you buy artists oils as hey have finer pigments. They do get quite expensive though and I find it easier to buy dedicated modelling washes. I like Vallejo washes personally.