Page 1 of 1
Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:51 am
by Colin
I'm not having a go, went trough my massive stash recently and found only one Tank ... Am i odd?
No worrys, friends, the Tank I have found out in my collection looks superb

Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:30 am
by gosselin2112
No, you're not odd at all.
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:39 am
by Lee
Not in the slightest Colin. I'm an aircraft modeller through and through that's just branching out into armour....
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:50 am
by Paul
For a general modelling forum we do have a lot of armor modellers, aircraft usually take presidence over armor so it's nice to see an even mix.
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:05 am
by Coen
There are a huge number of aircraft modellers on ISM... just like most forums as Paul has said. We even have guys that dabble in many genres now... like Lee is doing.. myself as well, but ISM has a good representation for armourers.... makes me happy

I would love to see more car, truck, ship, sci fi/gaming, and train fellas here though... just to give the place that nice well rounded feel. Just as we're an international forum for all ... were an intergenre forum for all.
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:31 am
by Paul
Coen wrote:There are a huge number of aircraft modellers on ISM... just like most forums as Paul has said. We even have guys that dabble in many genres now... like Lee is doing.. myself as well, but ISM has a good representation for armourers.... makes me happy

I would love to see more car, truck, ship, sci fi/gaming, and train fellas here though... just to give the place that nice well rounded feel. Just as we're an international forum for all ... were an intergenre forum for all.
Yep I agree with that last paragraph, would love to see variety of builds on here
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:04 am
by Tiger131
armour is were i started this hobby i have just started to buy a few aircraft kits but build what ever makes you happy
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:44 am
by Nige201980
like some on here im mainly an aircraft modeller but at the mo im building 2 armour kits and i must say im really enjoying the change of pace and i think that i may do a couple of armour kits a year so no your not strange.
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:12 pm
by UKscalemodeller
I'm an 'aircraft guy' but I like having so many AFV modellers here, they are the reason I finally took the plunge into the 'dark side' and I now love building them.
It's great to be exposed to other areas of modelling.
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:14 pm
by Lee
UKscalemodeller wrote:I'm an 'aircraft guy' but I like having so many AFV modellers here, they are the reason I finally took the plunge into the 'dark side' and I now love building them.
It's great to be exposed to other people.
Corrected it for you Ian

Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:40 pm
by Dunhill2005
I'm usually a tank guy but probably try me on a civilian vehicle after Christmas.
Time to leave the comfort zone.

Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:05 pm
by UKscalemodeller
Lee wrote:UKscalemodeller wrote:I'm an 'aircraft guy' but I like having so many AFV modellers here, they are the reason I finally took the plunge into the 'dark side' and I now love building them.
It's great to be exposed to other people.
Corrected it for you Ian


Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:06 pm
by Lee
It's meant to be funny - oh well - FAIL...lol

Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:42 pm
by UKscalemodeller
Lee wrote:It's meant to be funny - oh well - FAIL...lol

Ahh, my bad
I'm tired, thats my excuse

Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:49 pm
by JayCub
UKscalemodeller wrote:Lee wrote:It's meant to be funny - oh well - FAIL...lol

Ahh, my bad
I'm tired, thats my excuse


i had to read it twice myself, maybe it's an age thing

one thing about different builds going on, makes me want to try out different kinds of model and makes me appreciate the skills on show.
Tom
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:51 pm
by Paul
UKscalemodeller wrote:Lee wrote:It's meant to be funny - oh well - FAIL...lol

Ahh, my bad
I'm tired, thats my excuse

Nah it's not you Ian, lee just wasn't funny lol

Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:17 pm
by Coen
Ooh... Burn!!!
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:19 pm
by SuperDryBeef
I always thought ISM was aircraft city
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:33 am
by Coen
It is a bit flighty.
hehe.
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:43 am
by chief5437
Personally, I've always built armour and aircraft, even the odd submarine! If anything I'd say I'm a military modeller. Yes you are strange, but so are we, lol!
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:46 am
by Lee
Coen wrote:It is a bit flighty.
hehe.

Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:48 am
by Coen
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:48 pm
by garywintin
I build everything .. Sadly, living in london in a tiny room in a shared flat ( thank lord flat mates are a close friend and my own sister ) has prohibited me to building planes and ships. I have always long to build the Su-72/33 and the MiG-29. My 1/35 Bismarck is not even touched yet.
Anyway, ISM is definitely a place for all models ( a little bit lacking in sci-fi department though ) and I really love all you guys work. I don't usually venture to the other gallery but when I do, I am amazed by the air modellers stuffs.. and the marines ( somebody need to build more ships ) ... and the figures ... and the sci-fi ....
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:59 am
by chief5437
Lol! You know what I mean!
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:33 am
by rm6239
I've only built AFV's and military planes so far but I love to look in and watch the Sci-Fi, car/bikes, ship and figure guys strut their stuff. I'll get around to trying them all out some time. I like the fact that the site has all types of modellers showing off their work.
cheers
Rossco
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:56 am
by Bassman
I would classify myself as a general modeller with a preference for cars and trucks.
I do have a number of AFV's etc in my stash ranging from an old 1/16 scale tank I bought from Grand Prix Models about 40 years ago... because it was cheap. It was one of these ones with a wired remote but missing a gear wheel, hence the price reduction. I suppose the most recent would be the 1/25 Tamiya Centurion (re-release) or the Tamiya 1/35 Dragon Wagon (reduced when my local Beatties closed down however long ago!). I haven't bought any AFV's in a while though I got a half price Airfic 1/48 set which had a Lynx, Troops and Land Rover... though hardly an AFV I suppose.
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:43 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
I think we have a great mix of the most common genres here on ISM.
Almost none genre is safe, i build everything i get in my hands. Prefer armour and figures, but aircraft and ships are nice too.
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:29 am
by kiwigav
I love the sci fi stuff myself but think its great that there are AFV, Aircraft...etc builders on ISM that we can turn to for tips and advice.

Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:51 am
by Schoof
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:50 pm
by chief5437
It might just be that there's a panzer II build going on at the mo, so lots of armour posts?
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:42 am
by Jan01
One thing I like about ISM is that it has many catergories, where people can can join in and have a go at something that they have never tried before.
Also the GB and SIG are interesting where you can build something of a particular era or of a particular subject.
Like the aircraft builders here who are having a go at armour, I myself (I build armour and figures)will have a go at aircraft building.
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:21 pm
by Wayne
All sites go one way or the other planes or tanks. I my seldom car nut and will be doing them in 2014 but I do have 1 tank kit and 3 - 4 plans to do.
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:53 pm
by RobertK
I mainly build armor, but then I saw some good looking aircraft here so I got inspired and dug out a 1/72 kit from my shelf and started, today.

It's much more fiddly compared to the bigger 1/16 tank I'm working on... Hehe
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:57 am
by WebbyNZ
I'm all for trying all sorts of modelling and love the range of stuff here on ism but unfortunately the higher number of air/afv builders can tilt the number of votes for the sig and gb's.
This year I built a jet and my first ever prop aircraft as part of a build at my local club which gave us non air builders a chance to try props but I was disappointed by the air builders lack of enthusiasm in tryin an auto build which is the attitude that causes separation, thankfully if have not seen that here yet.
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:19 am
by Paul
WebbyNZ wrote:I'm all for trying all sorts of modelling and love the range of stuff here on ism but unfortunately the higher number of air/afv builders can tilt the number of votes for the sig and gb's.
This year I built a jet and my first ever prop aircraft as part of a build at my local club which gave us non air builders a chance to try props but I was disappointed by the air builders lack of enthusiasm in tryin an auto build which is the attitude that causes separation, thankfully if have not seen that here yet.
I would love for some of the armor and aircraft builders to build a car or bike, I just hope we can get a road vehicle GB or sig.
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:02 pm
by Wayne
Paul wrote:WebbyNZ wrote:I'm all for trying all sorts of modelling and love the range of stuff here on ism but unfortunately the higher number of air/afv builders can tilt the number of votes for the sig and gb's.
This year I built a jet and my first ever prop aircraft as part of a build at my local club which gave us non air builders a chance to try props but I was disappointed by the air builders lack of enthusiasm in tryin an auto build which is the attitude that causes separation, thankfully if have not seen that here yet.
I would love for some of the armor and aircraft builders to build a car or bike, I just hope we can get a road vehicle GB or sig.
I will 2nd that.
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:04 pm
by Nige201980
I'm hope to build the A-Team van for Coens GB on YouTube if it gose ok may do more car builds in the future.
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:34 pm
by Wayne
Nige201980 wrote:I'm hope to build the A-Team van for Coens GB on YouTube if it gose ok may do more car builds in the future.
Where did you get the A-Team van kit from bud?
Re: Is ISM now tank city?
Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:35 pm
by Nige201980
There are few on eBay just have for about £30 but the shipping is about the same hopefully I'll be looking to get one end of Jan as Coen GB is starts in April.