Page 1 of 1
Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:33 am
by UKscalemodeller
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:44 am
by graham22
Well certainly not disappointed with the range of new tool and re-issues
1/48 Gnat - on my wish list already
nice to see some WW1 stuff rolling through as well as the D Day stuff
like the look of the new landing craft as well as the return of the LCT
Nearly bought a Dakota the other day - i think i'll wait now (would be good to see a buffalo airways version some time + C46 and L188 Electra)
Blenhiems - about time too - more for my Stash
Overall - well done Airfix (enough to keep me going through 2014 (and 15 & 16)
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:58 am
by Drazimo
After having a quick look there are some model kits I definitely want to get, such as
North American F-86F Sabre 1:72 I'd probably end up doing a Philippine Air Force variant. The
Churchill Bridge Layer 1:76 mostly because I've always thought the concept to be brilliant. Also, and surprisingly for me as I've never thought of myself as a civil plane guy... the
De Havilland DH.88 Comet Racer Red 1:72, I do have a soft spot for anything red though.
-D
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:13 am
by Lego
A lot of Bleh.
Same old, same old apart from the Typhoon 1/24. For me Airfix need to branch out more. They are making some great kits these days but they are of the same subjects imo.
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:42 am
by chief5437
Looking forward to another lightning! And the Higgins boat might be good for the d-day GB. Some nice looking stuff there if you ask me. Quite like the Blenheim as well.
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:48 am
by Drazimo
I'm new to the hobby so I don't have the 'Same old' issue as it's all new and sparkling to me lol. :-D
-D
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:11 am
by Gav0909
I like the upcoming new tooled 1/72 C-47. The current offering isn't too bad, but its an old kit now, the panel lines are like trenches and its basic in its detail, so a new tooling will be welcome.
Bit yawn boring with another Lanc on the way, as well as another Spitfire. Nice to see new tool Blenheims, shame the 1/48 Mossie is just a rebox and not a re-tool. Do-17 new tool should be nice though. Slight shame that there isn't a new tool Harrier GR5 on the cards purely to complete the collection, as its the only one not available. Well its available from Revell, but its an old raised panel line kit.
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:16 am
by UKscalemodeller
There is little for me to get excited about to be honest.
I do think that Airfix need to branch out more though. More spitfires, more 109s, when what I really want is something we can't already get.
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:49 am
by Foxley
+1 on the branching out. Their more recent toolings have been fantastic and they could easily steal some of the thunder from other companies by producing a larger variety. Still... That Typhoon... What is there not to like?
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:02 pm
by UKscalemodeller
graham22 wrote:Well certainly not disappointed with the range of new tool and re-issues
1/48 Gnat - on my wish list already
nice to see some WW1 stuff rolling through as well as the D Day stuff
like the look of the new landing craft as well as the return of the LCT
Nearly bought a Dakota the other day - i think i'll wait now (would be good to see a buffalo airways version some time + C46 and L188 Electra)
Blenhiems - about time too - more for my Stash
Overall - well done Airfix (enough to keep me going through 2014 (and 15 & 16)
Yay on the Blenheim but the WW1 sets do not say new tool so they will be re-issued.
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:20 pm
by PhildaFish
There's a few kits that I'd like to get my hands on, like the Dornier and Blenheims, and though it's only a re-release, I'll be able to get my hands on a Halifax at last after spending so long getting out bid on second hand kits on ebay!
I have to agree, though, that seeing as Airfix is riding high at the moment, they should attempt some new kits. Everyone loves a Spitfire, it's true, but how about some new armour? I'm enjoying building tanks more than anything else at the moment but Airfix have precious few in 1:76 and those have mostly been around a good few years now. World of Tanks is a massively popular game so why not cash in on that?
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:32 pm
by PlasticModeller1
Can't wait to get the blenheim mk IV! However, I wish they did the thunderbolt and a new tooling of the halifax
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:58 pm
by Lee
Not really enough there to get excited about TBH. They should have done another British cold war jet

Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:02 pm
by Nige201980
Seams some nice kits out but why another new spit and Me109 and new hurricane in 1:48 would have cornered the market IMHO yeah and as Lee said a new Cold War jet. They need to be more adventurous with there release's otherwise they could fall behind again.
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:35 pm
by ridgers22
just had a look and im impressed in what airfix are doing now
the stand outs for me is definitely the Do-17 and the Blenheims Wouldnt mind one of them typhoons ether

Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:47 pm
by UKscalemodeller
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:38 pm
by Daishi12
Re: Airfix's 2014 releases.
Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:21 am
by UKscalemodeller
I strangely want the old tool blenheim, to see what I can do with it 20 years on.