Page 1 of 1

Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:44 pm
by Drunkmaster
Hello to all

I like to stick planes, but I got a gift - model tank. Oh no, I thought :lol: I used to think that a pile of such a model (preferably Tiger :mrgreen: ), but in the scale of 1/35... whatever
This will be my training ground. I've never consisted tank, so it will be interesting :lol:
I'll try not to spoil it :shifty:

This is my patient:

Image

Therefore, I have no idea about tanks I decided to read some materials about Sherman

Image

Ok let's start
First I made a bridge that was in the box.

So he looked at the beginning like that:

Image

It was painted and pelted with everything I had in the house :lol:

Image

Image

Image

I also made the headlights

Image

Image

Image

I used a transparent frame of the old model

I also made the frame out of wire for lamps

Image

Then I fixed the barrel

Image

I also made handles for towing

Image

and tools (the tools on model were very flat)

Image

Image

The last thing I did is something I've always dreamed of, but the aircraft had to be very calm... Weathering.
Ugly, dirty and bad :twisted: I liked it, unless I start to build a more tanks :twisted:

Image

I use what I have on hand, sand, glue, pastels. Just what I see in the house was goes to the model :lol:

That's all for now, soon accomplishes the rest of details and I need to again use an airbrush, a little scared this because I've seen that painting of tanks is modulation of color and I do not know yet what's going on.

Cheers :cheers2:

Paul

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:20 pm
by Filo387
Those tools from match stick are amazing. WOW

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:22 pm
by Paul
Damn that is so cool, love those tools, awesome.

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:47 pm
by Modelcrazy
Great job on those replacement tools and the weathering. One thing I noticed is the size of the bricks on the bridge, I suspect these are more likely to be stone rather than brick. Not a critisism but a general comment.

Regards Dave.

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:19 pm
by HWGuderian23
Another awesome work Paul :jd:! Very cool :clap:
:cheers2:

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:30 pm
by Drunkmaster
Hi my friends, thanks for your comments
Modelcrazy wrote:One thing I noticed is the size of the bricks on the bridge, I suspect these are more likely to be stone rather than brick.
You read my mind :) exactly the same, I think. I'll have to change it, besides this red color and so it seems to me to be too strong, at the end I will try to change it to such as these colors ->

http://www.masterhobby.pl/images/I6128.jpg

Thank you for your attention :cheers2:

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:28 pm
by AchtungPanzer
Wow :jd: matchsticks and handles of instruments - really infernal :twisted: and genial idea Execution top class Buddy :bow:: Good work with burrel and muzllebreak :thumb1: . This scale is only for braves . I know this very good and I am fan of your project . For this moment :clap: .

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:36 pm
by longlance67
thats amazing work !

i dont know how you don't go blind in that scale lol


great work


Shane

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:37 pm
by Drunkmaster
Draw it mild! :)

Anyone can do such things, there is nothing special.
I painted Sherman. And here you can see that I am still weak modeller ;) I'll still be working on it, I am far not as I imagined it. I think too much I like the dirt :lol:

Image

Regards
Paul

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:46 pm
by longlance67
oh wow, thats stunning mate !

just stunning !!!



Shane

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:14 am
by Drazimo
That's some awesome work right there, especially in that scale. And like the others, I'm loving the match stick tools. :-D

-Draz

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:42 am
by AchtungPanzer
Very Good Work buddy ! :clap: I like this dwarf - More photos please ! :)

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:35 am
by HWGuderian23
Fabulous work Paul :th:!

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:59 am
by T3hGuppy
Lovely work dude.

The work on the tools was amazing. :th:

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:26 pm
by RobertA
Oh... I like that one!! Very nice indeed.. and great work on that bridge as well!!! :D

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:34 pm
by Drunkmaster
Hi guys
Thank you very much for your kind words. Admittedly, it took some time, but the model has not finished. Still I have with him a little work. Now the moment I started a new project - russian hind;

Image

But as soon as I'm done for sure return to the tanks permanently, the more that is waiting for me tiger king

Image

a little larger than the Sherman :lol:

Image

Best regards and see you soon :hi:

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:45 pm
by RobertA
:) :)

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:17 pm
by longlance67
stunning work mate
!


Shane

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:01 pm
by wappynutter
That King Tiger looks excellent Paul... :th: :th:
Hope to see you start a build thread for it! :thumb1:

I will be looking in often for certain...
Thanks for sharing.
:cheers2:

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:59 am
by Trainboy153
Just bought one of these, cant wait!

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:57 am
by Drunkmaster
Trainboy153 wrote:Just bought one of these, cant wait!
Are you planning to do zimmerit? I wonder how to do it, if you know of some kind tuorial it I will be very happy to watch. I know that We can buy ready-made Tamiya zimmerit, but not know Will there be a fit the model of the brand dragon.

Cheers :cheers2:

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:46 pm
by Drunkmaster
Hi
I managed to find some time to Sherman :) it is true that it is not ready yet, but getting closer to the end. As I wrote, to improve the color of the bricks will still :P

Image
Image

Cheers :cheers2:

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:09 pm
by Trainboy153
Drunkmaster wrote:
Trainboy153 wrote:Just bought one of these, cant wait!
Are you planning to do zimmerit? I wonder how to do it, if you know of some kind tuorial it I will be very happy to watch. I know that We can buy ready-made Tamiya zimmerit, but not know Will there be a fit the model of the brand dragon.

Cheers :cheers2:
Zimmerit? nah, im not quite that advanced yet. but maybe on my next panzer?

Re: Sherman firefly, Revell 1/76

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:31 pm
by gustavlekstal
:jd: goodstuff :jd: