photo etch/painting order question
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:47 pm
I have omly ever used photo etch on a cockpit once, it was a pre painted, self adhesive set and so it was pretty simple, paint the cockpit, stick it on.
I am now about to use the 'grown up' photo etch. It is bare metal and tge instructions tell you the colours to paint the parts but!!!!! What about the transparencies? The instrument panel is a sandwige of two transparencies and two photo etch pieces.
What is the best way of going about it.
Paint all the photo etch while still on rhe fret?
Mask the transparencies?
Any help VERY greatfully recieved.
I am now about to use the 'grown up' photo etch. It is bare metal and tge instructions tell you the colours to paint the parts but!!!!! What about the transparencies? The instrument panel is a sandwige of two transparencies and two photo etch pieces.
What is the best way of going about it.
Paint all the photo etch while still on rhe fret?
Mask the transparencies?
Any help VERY greatfully recieved.