Page 1 of 1

MIG Filters?

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:58 pm
by JohnP
What type of paint do the filters consist of? Enamel?
And are filters better done on gloss or matte surfaces?

Re: MIG Filters?

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:47 pm
by Paul
JohnP wrote:What type of paint do the filters consist of? Enamel?
And are filters better done on gloss or matte surfaces?
I use them on both Matt and gloss surfaces.

Re: MIG Filters?

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:16 pm
by Panzermeister36
I know AK filters are enamel and MiG used to own AK so I think they're pretty much the same thing but look it up on like Google or something. Putting them on a gloss coat will make it more like a wash; over matte and you'll get a thick rusty/oily/whatever the wash is coat.

Over a matte coat an AK wash gave me this: thick but the look I wanted.

Before the wash:
IMGP1137 (600x450).jpg

After the wash:
IMGP1150 (600x450).jpg

Re: MIG Filters?

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:26 pm
by Paul
Mig used to also own mig too lol