Page 1 of 1

ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:06 pm
by Lee
Please find attached a calendar for all the ISM sponsored GBs & SiGs for 2014.

Hopefully this will help our members plan their builds and, more importantly, buy more kits...lol

I have attached a PDF file of the calendar as well as a jpg. Any questions, please feel free to post on the thread or PM myself or Paul :D


Image

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:38 am
by hook1169
For steel rain, with this include motorized artillery? Or just towed artillery? Also what about rockets and the such? Probably not considered artillery per say but thought i would ask anyway.

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:40 pm
by T3hGuppy
hook1169 wrote:For steel rain, with this include motorized artillery? Or just towed artillery? Also what about rockets and the such? Probably not considered artillery per say but thought i would ask anyway.
I believe it is all towed and SPG. As far as rockets goes I would class them as artillery.

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:39 am
by hook1169
Hmmm. Now I have some decisions to make.

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:31 pm
by Panzermeister36
hook1169 wrote:Hmmm. Now I have some decisions to make.
Lee said rocket arty's fine, such as V-2 rockets and katyushias or whatever they're called :scratch::
Lee wrote:Steel rain will be artillery where shells fall like rain so, SPGs, artillery, cannons, I suppose V1 & V2 rockets and missiles would class as artillery too. TDs and AA would be a no no I'm afraid...

I think common sense will prevail and just assume that if it falls on target it should be fine. We'll finalise the rules in a couple of days on e we set up the forum for it :)
This was under the GB/SIG chat under "Forum News". :thumb2: :thumb2:

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:31 pm
by generalgrog
Allright I got my SPG all picked out, with aftermarket kits...ready to rock and roll.

GG

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:53 pm
by UKscalemodeller
Regarding the WW1 SIG, just a question to our mighty leaders.

Does the model in question have to have been in service or would a prototype that was evaluated but never entered frontline service be allowed?

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:19 pm
by T3hGuppy
UKscalemodeller wrote:Regarding the WW1 SIG, just a question to our mighty leaders.

Does the model in question have to have been in service or would a prototype that was evaluated but never entered frontline service be allowed?
As long as their was a functioning prototype that would be acceptable.

What are you planning to do?

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:25 pm
by UKscalemodeller
The 1915 Tsar tank
Tsar_tank.jpg

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:32 pm
by T3hGuppy
UKscalemodeller wrote:The 1915 Tsar tank
Tsar_tank.jpg
Cool :th:

Crazy design no wonder it didn't work lol.

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:48 pm
by 5Craven
UKscalemodeller wrote:The 1915 Tsar tank
Tsar_tank.jpg
:eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

That's just bonkers! Mind you seeing a model of it come together would be cool :banana: :banana:

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:52 pm
by Tonygol
5Craven wrote:
UKscalemodeller wrote:The 1915 Tsar tank
Tsar_tank.jpg
:eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

That's just bonkers! Mind you seeing a model of it come together would be cool :banana: :banana:
Part built one a few years ago. It isn't a little tank.

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:52 pm
by DC87
Never realised that thing actually got built :wtf: , makes a penny farthing look stable.

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:04 pm
by Lee
I've seen that kit, looks amazing!

Crazy Russians....!!!

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:24 pm
by Panzerwolf
In Russian, all big weapons are Tsar.
Anyone know the Tsar bomb? Huge Hydrogen bomb that was tested on some island. The explosion blew higher than the stratosphere!

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:37 pm
by Tiger131
superb idea lee really is just going to struggle fitting in any this year a few hoildays and work but will enjoy watching the lads join hopefully next year i can join in

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:15 am
by Panzermeister36
5Craven wrote:
UKscalemodeller wrote:The 1915 Tsar tank
Tsar_tank.jpg
:eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

That's just bonkers! Mind you seeing a model of it come together would be cool :banana: :banana:
It's a fine example of "Russianeering", along with the BA-11
tsar_tank.jpg

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:44 am
by LudvigN
Hello modelling gods,

I was wondering if the SR-71 would qualify as a night fighter? I would really want to join that SiG but I dont want to "waste" more cash :)

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:53 am
by Paul
LudvigN wrote:Hello modelling gods,

I was wondering if the SR-71 would qualify as a night fighter? I would really want to join that SiG but I dont want to "waste" more cash :)
Its just a spy plane, so no sadly.

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:34 pm
by Keleborn
If I were able to make the Night Fighter Sig, this is the baby I'd be doing:


http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories ... =a&era=0,6

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:30 pm
by Lee
Keleborn wrote:If I were able to make the Night Fighter Sig, this is the baby I'd be doing:


http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories ... =a&era=0,6
Now that's a nice kit :th:

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:16 pm
by LudvigN
Ok, so now when im on the hunt for something to enter into the Night Fighter SiG, I find myself wondering if an attack helicopter, modified for nighttime combat missions would qualify for this SiG. Cheers guys!

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:56 am
by Lee
LudvigN wrote:Ok, so now when im on the hunt for something to enter into the Night Fighter SiG, I find myself wondering if an attack helicopter, modified for nighttime combat missions would qualify for this SiG. Cheers guys!
I'm afraid not Ludvig - Night FIGHTER.... Aircraft only dude :th:

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:05 pm
by AlkaSeltzer
I want to participate in the Nam build Where do I sign up?

Re: ISM 2014 SiG Calendar...

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:48 pm
by Lee
AlkaSeltzer wrote:I want to participate in the Nam build Where do I sign up?
We'll open the forums nearer the time mate :D