Page 1 of 1

Just a thought......

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:33 pm
by ridgers22
I was sitting looking at my aircraft today and had a thought... We (as modelers) tend to darken the panels of aircraft round the outside of the panels themselves........

then i thought on the real aircraft the panels seam to be lighter the closer to the outside and darker in the middle. :scratch::

Im not saying its right or wrong as we all know no two are the same and i always pre shade my aircraft but i was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? :think:

Re: Just a thought......

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:36 am
by chief5437
Heard the same thing in MakingModelsAgain's last video! Can't be any harm in trying, I was thinking of trying something similar on a fabric covered fuselage.

Re: Just a thought......

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:35 pm
by Panzerwolf
pedrofernandes once did some 'reverse pre-shading':
http://intscalemodeller.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2088

Re: Just a thought......

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:44 pm
by Raptor
An interesting concept. Might give it a try sometime.

Re: Just a thought......

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:25 pm
by UKscalemodeller
I decided to try it on my current WIP as soon as I saw Gary's (making models again) video. I'll post a thread once I start it.

Re: Just a thought......

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:55 pm
by chief5437
I've just tried it on the fabric parts of my ar196, looks pretty good so far. But more paint to put down yet so don't know if it'll still show through!