Page 1 of 1

Salvage?

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:11 pm
by Trainboy153
I recently got a p51 b mustang from revell in 1/72 scale. It was great until i managed to destroy all the detail on the wing flaps and one of the elevators.FAILURE. I am now wondering if and how I should salvage this kit or should i throw it away, burn it or put it in a corner where i cant see it. :pistols: :pistols: :pistols: :pistols: :pistols: :pistols: :scratch:: :scratch:: :scratch:: :scratch:: :scratch:: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Re: Salvage?

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:03 am
by Lee
How about a crash diorama? :)

Re: Salvage?

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:04 am
by Lego
I would spray it in a sealed tub and spray it with fairy power spray oven cleaner or if you really wan't to try again brake fluid. Is this an expensive kit? If not I would keep it as a test kit and get a new one :shifty:

Re: Salvage?

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:12 am
by wappynutter
Put it to one side until August then bring it back to life for the "Shelf of DOOM" long term GB...
5 months to clean it back and start again....
Just an idea, you may like it again come August 1st and think "glad I saved it!"
....and you could win a prize!!! :th:
:cheers2:

Re: Salvage?

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:02 am
by Trainboy153
I think I will do all of them, practice for now and make a crash diorama for the SHELF OF DOOM, Thanks guys. Now i start something else. :-) :-)