Tamiya's 1/72 A6M2b Zero
Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:45 pm
Signing off on this one and what a wonderful kit this is - the kit itself, not my finished article! Tamiya got it seriously right with this little beauty - as Hans Gruber once said "The attention to every conceivable detail..." is there in buckets and with a level of precision that would and should make every other manufacturer sit up and take notice. There were times when the extra-thin cement just sat in a puddle because it had no where to go. At present, the canopy, the cowling and the fuel tank are not glued and never will be, they're such a good fit. Oh and thanks to Eduard for their wonderful canopy masks because on a canopy like this, they're a Godsend!
(The eagle-eyed among you may have noticed that it's short one starboard aileron actuator. That's because I broke it off just before I took the photos)











(The eagle-eyed among you may have noticed that it's short one starboard aileron actuator. That's because I broke it off just before I took the photos)










