Page 1 of 1

Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:09 am
by JDMMODELS
This is my entry into the first ISM GB. I will have the required pics up tomorrow as I can't find my camera right now :roll: ( of course) LOL.

In the meantime here is a YT video about it.[youtube]m-GMzYRXSxQ[/youtube]

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:46 am
by gosselin2112
Sweet! Is that the engineering version? Cool subject. Got a few on the workbench. You can check them out on my channel.

Russ.

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:49 am
by UKscalemodeller
That will be tiny, good luck.

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:36 pm
by Paul
1/72 :clap:

Looking forward to this one 8-)

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:22 pm
by JDMMODELS
Not sure about the engineering version. Yeah its tiny, its 8.1 cm when completed and it has 139 pieces I think it said. Should be fun. I was thinking about a dio for it but haven't found anything in 1:72 for dio's yet, may have to build something myself. If I do it will be the first dio I have done. I have never painted armour before and only built one tank, A 1:72 T-85

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:26 pm
by schweinhund227
JDMMODELS wrote:Not sure about the engineering version. Yeah its tiny, its 8.1 cm when completed and it has 139 pieces I think it said. Should be fun. I was thinking about a dio for it but haven't found anything in 1:72 for dio's yet, may have to build something myself. If I do it will be the first dio I have done. I have never painted armour before and only built one tank, A 1:72 T-85
139 pieces in a 1/72 scale !!! That's Nuts !

Cool I mean ! LOL will be following this one !

Later man !

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:49 pm
by Lee
This would be no good for my butter fingers..... :)

Good luck :thumb1:

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:38 pm
by JDMMODELS
Here are the pics of the kit I will be building

Image


Image
Those 2 tiny specks by the box are the seats :crazy: :lol:

I was talking to one of my buddies about a diorama and he suggested doing a PB lid dio if it will fit. If I do a dio I will build it all from scratch. Wish me luck :pray:

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:01 pm
by bullgill67
good luck with your build

michael

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:02 pm
by Paul
Good luck mate :pistols:

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:17 pm
by DC87
Hope you enjoy it, all the best.

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:56 am
by JDMMODELS
Well, I have been researching for my build and boy oh boy did I hit the mother load of reference pics.
http://www.sdkfz251.com/index.html

So now I have lots of pics to go by as far as the paintwork is concerned, but still will read about this interesting vehicle. As far as armour modelling is concerned, I think half the fun is researching about the subject being built :geek:

I also have a ?. I am just getting into armour modelling and don't have any paints really suitable for armour other than an olive drab and some matt browns. I have started to buy tamiya acrylics but was also considering vallejo. Was wondering if anyone had any preference to one or the other, or do they both have their place? I don't want to buy a bunch of paint and it not be what I need. Thanks in advance. :cheers2:

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:45 am
by schweinhund227
Looking forward to see it getting put together

Have fun!

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:54 am
by PhildaFish
Wow, good luck mate!

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:31 pm
by Coen
Awesome, I love German half-tracks.
Good Luck on the build!

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:14 am
by Bagpiper
To repeat what was already said, this is going to be tiny. lol Good luck mate.

Cheers
Jim

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:17 am
by UKscalemodeller
I'm just starting in armour too.

I'll be using vallejo but only becausw thata what I already have.

Really looking forqaed to seein this come together.

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:51 pm
by JDMMODELS
Thanks for the comments! I haven't build anything on it yet because I need to buy some paint for it and also have a auto build going on right now I'm doing for a local contest, but I'm going to start it soon. I'm also picking at a revell Junkers JU-87 here and there, first plane I've done so its nothing great.

Yes, this build is going to be tiny, but I'm up for a challenge. May have to strap a set of spyglasses to my head for some of the pieces. LOL.

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:11 am
by JDMMODELS
This is what I have completed on the half-track so far, I know it don't look like much but its LOTS of tiny pieces. I have been using a old paintbrush handle with a bit of poster tac to help position the parts :crazy:
Image
Image
Image
Image
This gun comes in about 12 different pieces. Very fiddly.

Image
I also picked this up the other day. It may make it in with the half track some how.

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:39 am
by DC87
Good work especially on positioning those gear levers, hope this build is still going well.

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:22 am
by panzerman
That Stummel halftrack is a nicely detailed kit......Revell is giving Dragon a run for the money with some of their 1/72 scale kits.
Have Fun building it.
Bill.

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:16 pm
by Gav0909
Pfft that's not small! Try building multipart 15mm scale halftracks!

All joking aside, its looking good, should be nice when finished!

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:51 pm
by Lee
Teeny tiny work - Cool :D

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:27 am
by JDMMODELS
The build is going great so far just been busy with work and such the last little while. It is in sub assemblies waiting for paint. I primed it the other night and its looking pretty good so far. Just not sure what colour to paint it yet.

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:54 pm
by JDMMODELS
Bad news boys, in the midst of remodeling the cave my build had a run in with the enemy, namely the floor. Blew it to bits.

I started a new build of a totally different subject. A Revell PT-109.

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:16 pm
by Lee
New thread need then dude :th:

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:33 pm
by Paul
Ah what a shame, good luck with the new build .

Re: Revell Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Ausf. C 1:72

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:04 am
by gosselin2112
Darn floor! PT 109, you say? A floaty thing. Cool!