Page 1 of 1
So i want to buy a new compressor
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:00 pm
by BrummieModeller
Hey dudes I'm thinking of buying a new compressor I was just wondering what fellow models think of this compressor and if its any good????
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AS-186-Comple ... 2eb4bff640
Re: So i want to buy a new compressor
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:04 pm
by 5Craven
The compressor is good, the top feed air brush is OK for top coats or primers, you can bin the siphon feed brush.
Re: So i want to buy a new compressor
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:06 pm
by BrummieModeller
5Craven wrote:The compressor is good, the top feed air brush is OK for top coats or primers, you can bin the siphon feed brush.
im not bothered about the free airbrushs as i already got them with the compressor i got without the tank i just want the tank ive seen people have this wasnt sure if it was the same one :/
Re: So i want to buy a new compressor
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:22 pm
by 5Craven
BrummieModeller wrote:5Craven wrote:The compressor is good, the top feed air brush is OK for top coats or primers, you can bin the siphon feed brush.
im not bothered about the free airbrushs as i already got them with the compressor i got without the tank i just want the tank ive seen people have this wasnt sure if it was the same one :/
Yes its the same one with the tank. I have used mine a little since I got it and its seems reliable and a good constant air supply. I am sure that there are others out there that are better but at my level this seems good and at the price, excellent value.
Re: So i want to buy a new compressor
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:24 pm
by BrummieModeller
5Craven wrote:BrummieModeller wrote:5Craven wrote:The compressor is good, the top feed air brush is OK for top coats or primers, you can bin the siphon feed brush.
im not bothered about the free airbrushs as i already got them with the compressor i got without the tank i just want the tank ive seen people have this wasnt sure if it was the same one :/
Yes its the same one with the tank. I have used mine a little since I got it and its seems reliable and a good constant air supply. I am sure that there are others out there that are better but at my level this seems good and at the price, excellent value.
yeah well the price its just right id say

Re: So i want to buy a new compressor
Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:20 pm
by Panzerwolf
I don't have much knowledge about compressors, I need a new one too possibly in summer...
Anyone know if there are major differences between AS-186, AS-189 and AS-196 compressors?
Re: So i want to buy a new compressor
Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:28 pm
by Raptor
I bought this same compressor a few months ago. It's Very good quality, reasonably quiet, easy to change air pressure, the tank has nice storage and the air flow is very even.
Not much more I can say, for the price this compressor is the best you can get, couple it with a Iwata Neo and you have the perfect airbrush kit for novice/intermediate modellers.
Perfect until your ready to spend the big bucks on a compressor.