Page 1 of 1
TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:07 pm
by RobertA
Built this one a couple of years ago now, but thought I'd share it with you all, as I am quite pleased with how it turned out..
Built straight out of box, nothing added, nothing taken away. Painted with Humbrol enamels (carrier) and Valejo + LifeColor acrylics (figures):
Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:22 pm
by Panzerwolf
Looks really nice! The figures fit well to the tank.
Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:37 pm
by RobertA
Thank you VERY much!!

Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:10 pm
by garywintin
How did you make those little bushes sir ?
Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:24 pm
by AchtungPanzer
Nice kiddy

So big !

Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:32 pm
by wappynutter
Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:01 pm
by Tiger131
superb job on your dio and you build top marks buddy
Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:12 pm
by Rob
Thou art truly the maestro o'the hairy stick! Nice model. Like Gary I would be interested to know how you did the undergrowth

Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:48 pm
by Coen
Gotta love the Bren gun carriers!! Sweet machines.
Nice work Rob, I love the look of her. She looks as though she's leaping into action the way she's rearing up a bit, like the driver just hit the accelerator.
Nicely done!
Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:56 pm
by JayCub
looks a super build and wonderful diorama, very detailed.
Tom
Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:31 pm
by MikeyKb
WOW!
That looks fantastic! What did you use for the grass and the bushes? They look so real and super fluffy.
Great job! and great lighting too!
Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:46 pm
by Radzy
Fantastic work Rob, again!
And nice way to show the model around the bushes
garywintin wrote:How did you make those little bushes sir ?
Gary, you can make them by using coloured pieces of sponge. Some companies, like Woodland Scenics have variety of such products, like
these bushes
Cheers,
Radek
Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:43 pm
by RobertA
MikeyKb wrote:WOW!
That looks fantastic! What did you use for the grass and the bushes? They look so real and super fluffy.
Great job! and great lighting too!
Thank you all...

Much appreciated..
As Radzy pointed out, you can use various scenic materials, in this case I actually used the stuff from Woodland Scenics, that Radzy showed. As for the grass, I used flock from Games Workshop, that my son had left over from when he used to do their figures..
Glad you all liked my humble effort..

Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:43 pm
by MikeyKb
RobertA wrote:MikeyKb wrote:WOW!
That looks fantastic! What did you use for the grass and the bushes? They look so real and super fluffy.
Great job! and great lighting too!
Thank you all...

Much appreciated..
As Radzy pointed out, you can use various scenic materials, in this case I actually used the stuff from Woodland Scenics, that Radzy showed. As for the grass, I used flock from Games Workshop, that my son had left over from when he used to do their figures..
Glad you all liked my humble effort..

Looks fantastic. I have most of the woodland scenics products for trees and bushes - it just looks 'really real' on your dio. That grass though, gotta get me some of that - the woodland scenics stuff should be called 'Static grASS' - cuz it's crap!
Thanks for the info. Truly looks amazing!

Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:49 am
by RobertA
Well, the grass is sure worth buying.. I'm not sure anymore that it actually is from Games Workshop though.. can't recall where I got it from, however! It may be a Hornby product..

Re: TAMIYA 1/35 'Universal Carrier'
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:57 am
by RobertA
Thank you very much!!
