Amazing service from Hannants

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
Neils
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Amazing service from Hannants

Post by Neils »

Just want to give huge props to Hannants. I called them up the other day asking if they had some Microsol and a couple of small bits in stock, and what time they closed as I was planning on making a detour back from the office the next day to pick them up. After a 30 mile detour I arrived to find the shop closed early with no sign of life.

Feeling a little disappointed, I wrote a nice email to them just mentioning that the shop had been shut and I was sad I didn't get to buy from them. I wasn't angry or anything just a sort of disappointed oh...

Well, today I got an email apologising and saying that they had, had to close because one of the staff members had been ill. What really made my day is they offered to send me the items I was after to help make up for my detour. I wasn't expecting it, and tbh they didn't need to(I'd have been happy with a just a 'we're sorry it was early closing and you got the day wrong). I don't often get the chance to praise companies, but I was so taken back by it I just had to mention it and give praise where it's due

(that's not to say they'll do this every time otherwise they'd go broke, but for me they have just won another customer)

I'll also say, that on the whole all the model shops and sites I've dealt with on my return to the hobby have been great, helpful and very personable and it makes a great change from the faceless corporations I usually deal with.
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Amazing service from Hannants

Post by Paul »

Thats good of them, when I've used them they have always been great, although their website is the worst I've ever used.
Neils
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Re: Amazing service from Hannants

Post by Neils »

yeah their website does need some work, but I guess it's money they may not want to spend to get it redone or indeed they might not see the need.

In general I'd prefer to drop into a store than use a website, although when this does happen I always end up buying more than I intended.. e.g walk in for a colour I need, think to myself hmm I'm down to my last spare bottle of thinners I'd better stock up. Oh look, that Tamiya kit is reduced I might not get it that cheap again....
RobertK
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:49 pm
Location: Sweden
Sweden

Re: Amazing service from Hannants

Post by RobertK »

Think there is a reason why hannants website is as it is.. I always end up buying stuff I don't need while trying to find the thing I need ;-)
:banana:
User avatar
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12622
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm
Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Contact:
England

Re: Amazing service from Hannants

Post by Paul »

RobertK wrote:Think there is a reason why hannants website is as it is.. I always end up buying stuff I don't need while trying to find the thing I need ;-)
haha it could well be a clever ploy :cheers2:
User avatar
Raptor
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:33 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Amazing service from Hannants

Post by Raptor »

RobertK wrote:Think there is a reason why hannants website is as it is.. I always end up buying stuff I don't need while trying to find the thing I need ;-)
I second this.... They obviously have a great marketing dept lol
Andy
On the Bench:
WH40k - Dark Angel, Company Veterans <Status: Painted>
WH40k - Chaos Hellbrute <Status: Airbrushing>

"you can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”