Page 1 of 1
I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:51 pm
by TexasAndy
O.K. this has probably been done but I am thinking of a new project for a Pz.Kpfw IV. What I am speaking of is a Syrian Army Panzer IV from the 6 day war. I know they were used and have found plenty of pictures online but I'm not sure if anyone makes decals with the arabic writing on it. Check out the picture below and let me know if you guys think this do-able.
http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/g/u/gunter_hi ... hka_10.jpg
Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:42 pm
by Panzermeister36
Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:27 am
by ForbesHutton
Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:08 pm
by Panzermeister36
One of my modelling buddies from the middle east said that those markings are fictional. They would have been marked like most Syrian tanks of the time, so then those decals ForbesHutton suggested are fine.

Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:16 pm
by TexasAndy
Panzermeister36 wrote:One of my modelling buddies from the middle east said that those markings are fictional. They would have been marked like most Syrian tanks of the time, so then those decals ForbesHutton suggested are fine.

Dude are you ever going to check your YouTube PM inbox?
Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:38 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Apparently they had Jagdpanzer IV´s aswell. Somehow i feel sorry for those tanks. Ending up as bunkers and wrecks somewhere in the middle east is not really a honourable end.

Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:33 pm
by Panzerwolf
You could also print the decals yourself on decal paper (laser/inkjet).
I agree Michael, it's a shame that especially at the end of WW2 so many tanks were scrapped and wrecked. E. g. the E-100 would fit so nicely into a museum!
Some sad pics:

Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:53 pm
by Mambri
Nice idea dude, those pz.4 were sold by us spanish to syria.
Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:03 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Mambri wrote:Nice idea dude, those pz.4 were sold by us spanish to syria.
I think the French got rid of some of their old tanks aswell and sold them to Syria. There were numerous sources to get tanks.
Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:24 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
HollywoodModelling wrote:Well it's the same practice today.. just think of all the Leopard 1 and 2's Germany is selling because they have been outdated by the Bundeswehr...
Or the worst deal ever: Buying old P-3 Orion aircraft for a lot of money from the Netherlands - they are most likely still laughing about us

Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:04 pm
by ForbesHutton
PM sent to TexasAndy.
I have the decal set I posted the link to.
The instruction sheet mentions the Syrian Panzers, along with T-34s and others.
I've scanned the decal set and the instructions, it's too big to go on photobucket,etc (and it would be too small to read as an attachment her).
If you want a copy of the scan, PM me with a email address and I'll fire it off.
Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:02 pm
by ModelStudent
Panzerwolf wrote:You could also print the decals yourself on decal paper (laser/inkjet).
Not meaning at all about going off topic, but when buying decal paper, should it be white or clear?
Panzerwolf wrote:You could also print the decals yourself on decal paper (laser/inkjet).
Some sad pics:

Those are some really sad pictures indeed.

Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:50 pm
by Schoof
Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:51 pm
by Schoof
Panzerwolf wrote:You could also print the decals yourself on decal paper (laser/inkjet).
I agree Michael, it's a shame that especially at the end of WW2 so many tanks were scrapped and wrecked. E. g. the E-100 would fit so nicely into a museum!
Some sad pics:

What E-100 ?
Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:40 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Schoof wrote:
What E-100 ?
that E-100

Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:57 pm
by Panzerwolf
Yeah that E-100.
And they scrapped it

(Or at least what was existent of that beast)
ModelStudent, Paul made a thread about decal printing here:
http://intscalemodeller.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2316

Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:07 pm
by Schoof
Did they even build a E-100 ?
Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:13 pm
by Panzerwolf
Yes, they finished the lower hull.
The project was cancelled by Hitler in 1944, but three workers continued to build it and managed to get the hull done by the end of the war.

Re: I have an idea for a new Pz.Kpfw IV project
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:14 pm
by Schoof
Ok. Leaned something then. ...I knew they build a Maus