Page 1 of 1
Monogram 1/48 scale "visible" B-17G
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:32 pm
by Corkmyster9436
While test fitting the clear half of the fuselage I found that the nose of the B-17G lines up nicely, but when I got back to the tail guns, the clear half is about 1/16th too long any suggestions on how to correct this?????? Basically everything from the bomb bay back to the tail guns do not line up.
Re: Monogram 1/48 scale "visible" B-17G
Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:07 am
by Corkmyster9436
I will be contacting Revell in the morning to see if I can get a replacement clear piece, if not I'm to plan B or plan C to continue w/ this GB..
Re: Monogram 1/48 scale "visible" B-17G
Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:10 pm
by DBMiller
What about a little surgery to remove a bit from just behind the last place it lines up? If you cut along a panel line it might not show up too much. Or, if you don't want to cut the clear, maybe you could add a strip to the other half. I might hide better there.
I saw the pics you posted and it is quite a shame that there is such a difference in length.
Good luck!
Re: Monogram 1/48 scale "visible" B-17G
Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:32 pm
by Corkmyster9436
I requested a replacement clear fuselage half from Revell this morning, if I can get the part I will use the resin AM kits, if not then on to plans b and c.
Plan b: continue the build OOB using the solid left half the fuselage w/ no AM kits.
plan c: throw in the towel and gear up for the Non-Military Vehicle GB that is coming up