Page 1 of 1

Oh bugger! A little help please!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:02 am
by chief5437
Being a complete mong, I've glued the wheels of my Matilda on the wrong sides of the hull! Now the tracks don't line up (either way!) what's the best way of removing the parts? They're stuck on with testers liquid plastic cement. I've used nail polish remover to dissolve CA before but don't know what to use in this scenario?!
Any help would be great, otherwise I've got a whole tank going in the spares bin!
Cheers guys

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:04 am
by chief5437
:rofl: :rofl: I don't know where that 'hello sailor bit came from?! It was supposed to say 'oh bugger'! I still think it fits tho! Lol

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:05 am
by chief5437
It's done it again!!!!! 'Oh Bugger' wtf

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:07 am
by chief5437
That's it, I've lost patience with this thing! Any help on said problem is appreciated.

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:14 am
by Paul
chief5437 wrote::rofl: :rofl: I don't know where that 'hello sailor bit came from?! It was supposed to say 'oh hello sailor'! I still think it fits tho! Lol
It's the slightly over sensitive swear filter preventing you saying bugger, I think it needs removing as I don't consider that a swear word.

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:15 am
by Paul
chief5437 wrote:That's it, I've lost patience with this thing! Any help on said problem is appreciated.
The only thing I can think of is put a load more of the testers glue on there,and see if it'll soften the plastic enough to release it

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:21 am
by chief5437
Ah! Good idea! Thanks for the tip.... I knew joining a forum would be a good idea! Thanks Paul.

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:23 am
by chief5437
On the swear filter thing, that's the funniest thing in the world, that it replaces b u g g * r
With 'hello sailor' !!!!!! Looooollll

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:30 am
by Lee
They're all funny chief but, please don't go trying them all...

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:54 am
by chief5437
Ok, boing boing Brad Pitt birth cannon! Just tried 'un-glueing' worked a treat! Thanks

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:56 am
by chief5437
:banana: Looool :rofl: you've just created the funniest game, ever!!!! Funny as boing boing! Lol

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:57 am
by chief5437
Sorry, I'm still wetting myself! Piss flaps

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:58 am
by chief5437
Booo!

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:56 am
by Paul
chief5437 wrote:Ok, boing boing Brad Pitt birth cannon! Just tried 'un-glueing' worked a treat! Thanks

:banana: :cheers2: :thumb2: brilliant

Re: Oh bugger! A little help please!

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:46 am
by Coen
Wow... I was going to offer the same advise that Paul did, but I was laughing too hard at the swear filter. It's like that kids game Mad Libs.
Terrible! "boing boing Brad Pitt birth cannon" I love it!

Re: Oh bugger! A little help please!

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:23 am
by schweinhund227
I would use a fine jeweler saw and cut the parts neatly then reposition making sure all parts are equal length and square!

If not you can add a little styrene to repair what has been cut off or melted!

Pin parts if necessary!

Long process but a worthy model to save!

:thumb2: Good luck!

I just been through the same ordeal with my M4 HST! So I feel your pain!

Re: Oh bugger! A little help please!

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:33 am
by modellingmadness
Brad Pitt me

Re: Oh bugger! A little help please!

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:33 am
by modellingmadness
Haha :lol:

Re: Oh bugger! A little help please!

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:24 pm
by chief5437
Cheers guys, think I've got it sorted now. As I'm such a tight arse with my glue, they 'unglued' quite easily.

Re: Oh bugger! A little help please!

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:15 am
by NovYank
Apply more glue to unglue something....talk about fighting fire with fire.

Re: Oh bugger! A little help please!

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:57 am
by Gav0909
I have only just read through this with all the swear filters in it! Currently sitting lubricating the flower beds myself laughing in the office, and getting some weird looks.

Glad you got it sorted though mate.

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:09 pm
by MikhailBakunin
Paul wrote:
chief5437 wrote::rofl: :rofl: I don't know where that 'hello sailor bit came from?! It was supposed to say 'oh hello sailor'! I still think it fits tho! Lol
It's the slightly over sensitive swear filter preventing you saying bugger, I think it needs removing as I don't consider that a swear word.
I recall someone saying ...Google (search) is your friend:

Googled 'what does bugger mean' and these were the first 3 hits....

http://www.ask.com/question/what-does-b ... in-england

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 113AAJvgcH

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugger

SFW

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:16 pm
by Lee
MikhailBakunin wrote: JTC

:th:

Re: Oh hello sailor! A little help please!

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:06 pm
by Paul
Lee wrote:
MikhailBakunin wrote: JTC

:th:
Lmfao :banana:

I'm well aware what bugger means, I still dont consider it a swear word.

Re: Oh bugger! A little help please!

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:01 am
by dsone1121
Found you chief !

Re: Oh bugger! A little help please!

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:02 am
by chief5437
There you are! Thanks for waking me up! Lol