Page 1 of 1

Matchbox 1/72 HS 126

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:53 am
by EasyEight96
Hi guys I've just started this to recharge my mojo in modelling. I'LL show the inbox later as the pics are in my old nokia lumia 610. The following photos taken from my new nokia lumia 720.
I didn't airbrush this kit as I very much miss the old times hand brushing kits :D

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

More updates to come as I just realize I ran out of light blue :wall: :wall: :wall:

Re: Matchbox 1/72 HS 126

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:11 am
by UKscalemodeller
Nice work.

I too rediscovered the fun to be had doing it 'old school' on my oast build.

Re: Matchbox 1/72 HS 126

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:20 am
by wappynutter
:clap: Looks like this is going to be a very nice old Matchbox kit build... :th:
Good luck Matt, will be dropping by to watch this come to life...
Hope your LHS has the required paint for you!!
Take care and Happy Modelling mate!! :thumb1:
:cheers2:

Re: Matchbox 1/72 HS 126

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:37 pm
by muskegman
Wow nice to see an old Matchbox kit, brings back many memories :) I still use the hairy stick on all my builds.

:cheers2:

Mark

Re: Matchbox 1/72 HS 126

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:02 am
by EasyEight96
Thanks guys :banana: I'll be posting my progress in hours time as I need to airbrush a white band as I hate painting white :doh:

Re: Matchbox 1/72 HS 126

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:23 pm
by EasyEight96
HI guys here are the photos as I promised and I'm greatly to tell you it's done more pics will be at the reveal section.

Last night I painted the upper fuselage with desert yellow as I want to build it based in north africa

Image

Image

This morning I masked up the plane the airbrush the white band before here is the boxart and colour planning

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Then is followed by the camo. I use a old stiff brush to do it but not on the wings and even at the final bits and touch ups

Image

The decals were as good as I expected although there's slight yellowing

Image

After leaving it to dry here's the completed kit

Image


ALL together it's an enjoyable kit to build and I hope to built it somemore

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: Matchbox 1/72 HS 126

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:33 pm
by RobertA
Looks good to me... :) :) Very very good, in fact.. :)

Re: Matchbox 1/72 HS 126

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:47 pm
by EasyEight96
RobertA wrote:Looks good to me... :) :) Very very good, in fact.. :)
Thank you Robert glad you love it :banana: I used most of your videos as reference again millions of Thanks mate

Re: Matchbox 1/72 HS 126

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:25 am
by ludicrusmaximus
Awesome build of a very interesting subject! I reckon a Fiesler Storch would look good next to her (that's a build I want to do anyway lol)