Page 1 of 1

Merit M19 Diamond-T tank transporter

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:51 am
by grimjim
I have started work on this big new kit.

First, the engine. Here it is, nearly finished:
Image
Note that the name on the exhaust reads 'HERCUELS', rather than 'HERCULES'. Licensing problems, or just a spelling mistake?

From the other side:
Image

It did need a bit of filler for the larger parts, but otherwise, fit is pretty good:
Image

The engine has 77 parts on its own! And if I choose to build the tractor with the bonnet closed, you won't be able to see it at all.

While the engine was setting up, I started on the trailer:
Image

More to come!

Re: Merit M19 Diamond-T tank transporter

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:21 pm
by schweinhund227
:eeek: :cheers2: Awesome !

Re: Merit M19 Diamond-T tank transporter

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:27 pm
by Coen
Wicked Jim!!!

Re: Merit M19 Diamond-T tank transporter

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:55 pm
by NorthernSwede
This will be a cool one to follow. Awesome :D

Re: Merit M19 Diamond-T tank transporter

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:33 pm
by Tiger131
looking real nice love the detail in it

Re: Merit M19 Diamond-T tank transporter

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:07 pm
by grimjim
It's just occurred to me that I didn't post a picture of what I'm building. Here it is:
Image

And I finished building the engine. To give you an idea of how big it is, here it is next to a 1:35 scale figure:
Image

I still need to add the wiring and fuel lines to the engine, and then it's on to the chassis.

Re: Merit M19 Diamond-T tank transporter

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:10 am
by NorthernSwede
Thats an impressive looking engine, holy crap.

Re: Merit M19 Diamond-T tank transporter

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:01 pm
by snappercity
Good start.

Re: Merit M19 Diamond-T tank transporter

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:44 pm
by UKscalemodeller
Thats a big'un.

Re: Merit M19 Diamond-T tank transporter

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:51 am
by DaveWilliams
Hi,
Only just joined this site and enjoying your build. I am also in thwe process of building nthis great kit ans was after some info especialy refrence the colure of the engine. seen some images showing a form of green and others showing a shade of blue. can you help in what is the correct colure for 1940s.

Cheers and kind regards Dave