Page 1 of 1

Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:17 pm
by Bissyboat
My first Battleship and floaty thing I ever built. Completed more than two years ago. The first subject to build after 25 years of dry spell. "Sink the Bismarck" movie brought the spark back to my hobby. Been passionate about building boats ever since. My apologies for being a tad sentimental. :whistle:

Rigging with sewing thread. Weathered with acrylic dark wash.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:42 pm
by HistoryRider
Again with the great work! :jd:

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:07 am
by Switcher
Bissyboat wrote:My first Battleship and floaty thing I ever built. Completed more than two years ago. The first subject to build after 25 years of dry spell. "Sink the Bismarck" movie brought the spark back to my hobby. Been passionate about building boats ever since. My apologies for being a tad sentimental. :whistle:

Rigging with sewing thread. Weathered with acrylic dark wash.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Nothing wrong with that my good sir. I built my first Bismarck at 17 (1/700). I have recently returned to the hobby I am now 57 and she is on my bench in 1/350. With the exception of the wooden decks (reports of hit and miss with those) I have the upgrades for her. She will be a work in progress. I am not ready for her yet (not the intricacies of PE) but the hull is built to include the drill;ing out of all the portholes :)

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:12 pm
by Bissyboat
Thanks again mates. Most appreciated. I'm intrigued. I'm sure that Bismarck of your's will put mine easily to shame with all those amazing aftermarket products. I'm too inexperienced with PEs and I will avoid it like the plague.

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:36 am
by Switcher
Bissyboat wrote:Thanks again mates. Most appreciated. I'm intrigued. I'm sure that Bismarck of your's will put mine easily to shame with all those amazing aftermarket products. I'm too inexperienced with PEs and I will avoid it like the plague.
Aaaaaaaaah, talk about inexperience :) This build is extremely important to me. I am practising on AFVs :) I don't yet have all the tools required to do the job yet, why she is shelved. FWIW she will be p[painted in the same camo scheme as yours, which is the predominant (not an isolated period) scheme.

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:52 pm
by Bissyboat
It's a good to have a dummy to practice on. You can make more room for errors. Whatever goes wrong, you can just do it again. My biggest concern in any case scenario with PES. When do you start using it? Before or after you paint the kit? My nightmare parts are yardarms on the conning tower. and stanchions for the decks. The parts are so brittled. You can bend them with your breath. You don't need the most specialized tools. Plyers are good to bend PEs in angles. I did that on the FuMos and jibs. It wasn't too hard. I would like to master this field, but I'm in no rush getting this under the belt. I have to say it's string to your bow if you can hack it. :th: I truly look forward to see you crack on with this ship. I will of course watch with great interest. :pop: :pop: :pop:

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:54 pm
by Paul
Brilliant work :cheers2:

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:37 pm
by Bissyboat
Thank you Paul. :cheers2:

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:45 am
by CrazyMajor
Nice mate, you may have added a few model to my wish list with this. Look really good. I tip my hat you you.

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:30 am
by longlance67
stunning work mate

looks amazing !

Shane

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:19 pm
by Bissyboat
Thanks for your kind words lads. :cheers2: She's a lot of fun to build and the kit is a great bang for the buck.

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:06 pm
by patrickroos
Great work, and a fine looking Bismarck!
:cheers2: :cheers2:

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:08 pm
by Yellowlazer101
Great job :banana:

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:43 pm
by Bissyboat
Thanks ever so much to you both. :cheers2:

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:35 pm
by AchtungPanzer
I like this Monster :th:

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:45 pm
by Bissyboat
Thanks. She's the best battleship on par with the Missouri. I'm pleased that you like her. :cheers2:

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:41 am
by cib2265
Looks great! Theres a Tamiya Tirpitz on sale on evilbay (Korean supplier) at the moment that I'm considering - would be good to try out a Tamiya as I'm doing an Academy Admiral Graf Spee, which although has been good so far, has some frustrations quality wise (like sink marks in the most prominent places)...

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:20 pm
by Bissyboat
cib2265 wrote:Looks great! Theres a Tamiya Tirpitz on sale on evilbay (Korean supplier) at the moment that I'm considering - would be good to try out a Tamiya as I'm doing an Academy Admiral Graf Spee, which although has been good so far, has some frustrations quality wise (like sink marks in the most prominent places)...
Death to sink marks. :pistols: :pistols: :pistols:

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:04 am
by moi196872
Nice job, looks amazing.

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:14 pm
by Bissyboat
Thanks Stéphane. :cheers2:

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:58 pm
by Bissyboat
Thank you mates. :cheers2: Sorry for the late reply.

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:47 am
by mick
great work

Re: Tamiya 1:350 DKM Bismarck 78013

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:37 pm
by Bissyboat
My whole hearted thanks to you both for your appreciations. :cheers2: