Page 1 of 1

Revell 1:720 Admiral Graf Spee 05028

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:24 pm
by Bissyboat
Graf Spee in colour scheme from "Battle at the River Plate" Built OOB. Weathered with acrylic dark wash and acrylic ink pen to create oil streaks. DKM flag and German Imperial Navy flag added.

Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Revell 1:720 Admiral Graf Spee 05028

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:39 pm
by HistoryRider
:shock:

Ooooooooo O_O

Cool kit! Great looking work!!

I can't wait to try out my Heller kit!

Re: Revell 1:720 Admiral Graf Spee 05028

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:08 am
by Switcher
Num, num, num said the hungry bear :)

Re: Revell 1:720 Admiral Graf Spee 05028

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:07 pm
by Bissyboat
Thanks mates. Pleased to know that you like my pocket battleship. It was one of the better boat kits I've built from Revell. Very little flash, if hardly any. Perfect and even fit without and visible seams.

Re: Revell 1:720 Admiral Graf Spee 05028

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:44 am
by Switcher
Kudos my good sir, I don't work with anything under 1/350. Therefore a testament to your skills:)

Re: Revell 1:720 Admiral Graf Spee 05028

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:53 am
by HistoryRider
Switcher wrote:Kudos my good sir, I don't work with anything under 1/350. Therefore a testament to your skills:)
I second that!

Re: Revell 1:720 Admiral Graf Spee 05028

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:30 pm
by Bissyboat
Thanks again mates.
I wouldn't knock the smaller scaled boat kits. There are so many great Trumpeter and Tamiya kits at 1:700 which are on par with the 1:350 scale kits. It can seem like an endless project when you have something like an 16 inches long Hood comprising over 400 parts. But the journey makes it so worth it. After building the Bismarck I was instantly converted to the 1:700.

Re: Revell 1:720 Admiral Graf Spee 05028

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:55 pm
by Yellowlazer101
Love your work on the the ship

Re: Revell 1:720 Admiral Graf Spee 05028

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:11 am
by cib2265
That looks great! I hope my 1/350 version looks half as good...gulp

Re: Revell 1:720 Admiral Graf Spee 05028

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:23 am
by UKscalemodeller
Boat/Ships/saily things are not my area of interest really but this is a beauty. really nice work and it is not the bismark!

Re: Revell 1:720 Admiral Graf Spee 05028

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:06 pm
by moi196872
Nice boat. Great work.

Re: Revell 1:720 Admiral Graf Spee 05028

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:05 pm
by Bissyboat
Thanks for the kind comments lads. :cheers2:

Re: Revell 1:720 Admiral Graf Spee 05028

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:38 pm
by AchtungPanzer
Good Work Buddy :th:

Re: Revell 1:720 Admiral Graf Spee 05028

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:42 pm
by Bissyboat
Thanks for the appreciation Achtung Panzer. :cheers2: