Page 1 of 1

tamiya 1:32 supermarine spitfire mk. XVI.e instrument decals

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:11 pm
by Darren169
Hi, i've gotten a good way through building the engine and Cockpit of this particular model and have been contemplating painting the cockpit while waiting on a few other bits to arrive but I have literally just noticed that the instrument decals are just little black dots where the pictures on the box show all the dials with a lot more details in them. To say I'm annoyed now is an understatement. Does anyone know where I could order a decent cockpit set for this model online please?

Thanks.

Re: tamiya 1:32 supermarine spitfire mk. XVI.e instrument de

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:28 pm
by Paul
Darren169 wrote:Hi, i've gotten a good way through building the engine and Cockpit of this particular model and have been contemplating painting the cockpit while waiting on a few other bits to arrive but I have literally just noticed that the instrument decals are just little black dots where the pictures on the box show all the dials with a lot more details in them. To say I'm annoyed now is an understatement. Does anyone know where I could order a decent cockpit set for this model online please?

Thanks.
The decals go in the back of the clear plastic so they are underneath rather than the usual way round, you stick the decal to the back of the glass and they show through looking like real dials.

Re: tamiya 1:32 supermarine spitfire mk. XVI.e instrument de

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:54 pm
by Darren169
Yeah I know that but there is nothing there to indicate detail on the dials such as the white lines that mark the altitude or air speed and needles etc just black dots. I've looked at the plastic also to see if they are marked there and they are clear. So its either paint them by hand or buy a set I reckon?

Re: tamiya 1:32 supermarine spitfire mk. XVI.e instrument de

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:07 pm
by Paul
Darren169 wrote:Yeah I know that but there is nothing there to indicate detail on the dials such as the white lines that mark the altitude or air speed and needles etc just black dots. I've looked at the plastic also to see if they are marked there and they are clear. So its either paint them by hand or buy a set I reckon?
The decals are back to front the detail in on the back of the decal.

Re: tamiya 1:32 supermarine spitfire mk. XVI.e instrument de

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:32 pm
by Darren169
Ohhhhh right... yeah sure I knew that I was just ehhh testing you pmsl :oops:

Re: tamiya 1:32 supermarine spitfire mk. XVI.e instrument de

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:41 pm
by Paul
Darren169 wrote:Ohhhhh right... yeah sure I knew that I was just ehhh testing you pmsl :oops:
Ha ha don't worry lee didn't know where they were either :cheers2:

Re: tamiya 1:32 supermarine spitfire mk. XVI.e instrument de

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:46 pm
by Darren169
Was it you who had the video on applying those kinds of decals on youtube? I can't find the video anymore for some reason.

How's the corsair coming along? I've been waiting for the next video on that one too haha.

Re: tamiya 1:32 supermarine spitfire mk. XVI.e instrument de

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:52 pm
by Paul
Yeah it's on the corsair video part 2 I think. There's a new part to the emodels corsair vids with emodels, just waiting for them to upload it

Re: tamiya 1:32 supermarine spitfire mk. XVI.e instrument de

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:03 pm
by Darren169
Sound. Last question do you know anyone selling a decent dual action airbrush? Mine is about 7 years old and cost me 15 quid at the time so it's way over its shelf life and i'm looking to get a proper one.

Re: tamiya 1:32 supermarine spitfire mk. XVI.e instrument de

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:04 pm
by Paul
Darren169 wrote:Sound. Last question do you know anyone selling a decent dual action airbrush? Mine is about 7 years old and cost me 15 quid at the time so it's way over its shelf life and i'm looking to get a proper one.
Just sold two of mine, gutted lol I'll keep and eye out for you :th:

Re: tamiya 1:32 supermarine spitfire mk. XVI.e instrument de

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:15 pm
by Darren169
You're a gent. Thanks a million ill get some pictures of the build up as soon as I'm happy with it.