Page 1 of 1

Tyre paint Help.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:28 am
by Tonygol
I have a few trucks that I will be building over the year from Italeri, Revell and Miniart. All the paint instructions says to paint the road tyres "Black". What is the best "Black" to use for the tyres?

Tony.

Re: Tyre paint Help.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:29 am
by ForbesHutton
Tamiya "Nato black" or "black rubber".

Re: Tyre paint Help.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:27 am
by benc123
I like the Vallejo black grey.

Re: Tyre paint Help.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:28 am
by Paul
Tamiya or mr hobby tyre black are my favourites

Re: Tyre paint Help.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:22 pm
by MikeyKb
I like Tamiya's Rubber Black
:thumb2:

Re: Tyre paint Help.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:28 pm
by Rodney
I use Tamiya XF-85 rubber black but it is the only one I tried so far here is a pic of the paint on my B-25 wheels
Image

Re: Tyre paint Help.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:17 pm
by Lee
Paul wrote:Tamiya or mr hobby tyre black are my favourites

Same for me Tony - Can't go wrong with either of those mate :)

Re: Tyre paint Help.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:30 pm
by Paul
Rodney wrote:I use Tamiya XF-85 rubber black but it is the only one I tried so far here is a pic of the paint on my B-25 wheels
Image
Get a bit of Ultimate concrete wash in those rims and in the tyre treads and your sorted :thumb2:

Re: Tyre paint Help.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:42 pm
by Tonygol
Looks like it will be Tamiya as I can get that locally to me.

Re: Tyre paint Help.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:03 pm
by Rodney
Paul wrote:
Rodney wrote:I use Tamiya XF-85 rubber black but it is the only one I tried so far here is a pic of the paint on my B-25 wheels
Image
Get a bit of Ultimate concrete wash in those rims and in the tyre treads and your sorted :thumb2:
The Ultimate washes are on the wish list ;-)

Re: Tyre paint Help.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:33 pm
by Schoof
I use Revell Matt 9 Anatrachite

Re: Tyre paint Help.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:13 pm
by MikeyKb
That's great to know about the Ultimate concrete!! I wouldn't have even thought about that!! Is there anywhere I can find other awesome uses?! lol
Like a 'cheat sheet' for the washes? :P

Thanks!!

Re: Tyre paint Help.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:24 pm
by Paul
MikeyKb wrote:That's great to know about the Ultimate concrete!! I wouldn't have even thought about that!! Is there anywhere I can find other awesome uses?! lol
Like a 'cheat sheet' for the washes? :P

Thanks!!
I use it anywhere i can, cockpits, landing gear, landing gear bays, tyre treads, wheels, panel lines if its got recessed areas it works great