Page 1 of 1

Hole Punching.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:15 am
by timmyw
Hey guys.

I was having a really terrible time on my Lancaster build for 100 years of bombers so thought I would go back to trying something fun for a little while before subjecting myself to more torture.

I went through my fairly insignificant stash and found an Italeri Tiger I with Zimmerit.

That looked pretty awesome to me and would hit the spot. So I got stuck in and everything went swimmingly till I got to a certain point that requires me to drill some holes out of the deck. Here's a pic:

Image

I was wondering if anyone knew a decent way to punch these out? I don't have a drill right at this moment. Also it's Italeri plastic.... It's really soft to what I am used to so I don't want to ruin it.

Re: Hole Punching.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:13 am
by Nige201980
you could use a sharp knife to do it swivel the blade in the hole from both sides and that should do it

Re: Hole Punching.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:27 am
by timmyw
Hey thanks,

What I ended up going was heating up a paper clip and pushing it through the plastic

Turned out really well I am now high on plastic fumes.

Re: Hole Punching.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:22 pm
by ModelStudent
Well seek open air. I need to try this...the paper clip part. :D

Re: Hole Punching.

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:00 am
by timmyw
Open air? And miss out on my precious fumes????

If you do try it I suggest being really really careful. with the paper clip that hot I can see how it would be easy to destroy something you're working on. I tried it on some scrap plastic first up

Re: Hole Punching.

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:14 am
by Bissyboat
Embrace the fumes.