Page 1 of 1

Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:21 pm
by eoinfinnegan
I just finished this last night, its a nice kit but I used an Eduard zoom set on it to add more to the cockpit and the wheel wells which where just blank, I also used decals by ExtraDecal because the kit ones where awful.
It was airbrushed using Tamiya acrylics and weathers with a homemade pastel sludge wash, I had planed on adding break lines with leadwire but been a dumbass I forgot :scratch:: thats something for me to do later.
Next up is to go back work on my B-17 for the bombers group build.

Thanks for looking

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:46 pm
by Newbie
Looks awesome! Love the weathering!

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:15 am
by LudvigN
Great work mate! Looks alot bigger than 1/72, and that's saying alot!

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:54 am
by rip1978
LudvigN wrote:Great work mate! Looks alot bigger than 1/72, and that's saying alot!
i agree. i just was scrolling and thought it was 1/48 at least

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:58 am
by Joesdad
Really good Eion, excellent on fact. Question for you mate, how long did she take to weather? And how did you do it?

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:45 am
by eoinfinnegan
Thanks guys
Joesdad wrote:Really good Eion, excellent on fact. Question for you mate, how long did she take to weather? And how did you do it?
For the weathering I started by giving it two coats of Klear then I used a sludge wash that I made with black and brown soft pastels, I left this on over night before rubbing it off ( the same way you do with Ultimate weathering wash and Flory models wash ) when I was happy with the effect I gave it a coat of Tamiya flat clear, next I added chipping with cidital ironbreaker silver using a 0000 brush and one of the wifes make-up pads...dont tell her :lol: finally I sprayed smoke staining with tamiya black thats about 10% paint to 90% thinners.
Id say it only took about 1-2hours spread over 3 sittings

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:49 am
by ManCupboardModels
Stunning!

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:51 pm
by Yellowlazer101
Love the 109's, excellent weathering. Looks like a lot of work has gone into it. :thumb2:

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:29 pm
by Omi
I like dirty planes they look lived in, great finish sir



Note to self get a 109.

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:42 pm
by AchtungPanzer
3 x YES for this Me 109 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:23 pm
by UKscalemodeller
A stunning bird. I'm getting more and more worried about the decals on mine now though.

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:50 pm
by eoinfinnegan
UKscalemodeller wrote:A stunning bird. I'm getting more and more worried about the decals on mine now though.
I know what you mean, the academy decals are rubbish

Thanks for all the nice comments

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:26 pm
by muskegman
Excellent job :th: , the weathering gives it a very realistic look for a 1/72 scale :clap:

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:47 am
by ChrisSteadman
Fantastic! I really like the weathering.

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:32 pm
by patrickroos
Great 1/72 work there mate!
Fantastic paintjob in this small scale, agree with others, I read the title, looked at the pics, then had to go back to check again!
Was sure it was a 1/48 model I was looking at...very nice! :th:
To "fit all that" into such a small package takes a lot of skill and talent.
Lovely paintwork and weathering.

:cheers2:

Re: Academy 1/72 Bf-109E

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:47 pm
by longlance67
wonderful work mate

looks top notch


Shane