Page 1 of 1

Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:37 am
by Paul
Painted using Vallejo model air and xtracrylix paints

Brilliant kit, easy to build and fits together lovely, the video of this build can be seen in my you utube section

Still getting used to my new dslr so Baer with my pictures until I get some better lighting.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:02 pm
by BillJones
Beautifully done Paul, fantastic modelling mate. :D

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:07 pm
by Paul
BillJones wrote:Beautifully done Paul, fantastic modelling mate. :D
Thanks bill :D

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:04 am
by coladito1
Wow!! just Wow!! :shock:

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:29 am
by Redtroop44
Very nice. I like how you've not over done the weathering.

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:36 am
by Paul
Redtroop44 wrote:Very nice. I like how you've not over done the weathering.
Cheers mate, I'm not a fan of heavily weathered aircraft I know sometimes not being weathered canals them look unrealistic but I like that lightly used look

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:26 pm
by gosselin2112
Nice work!

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:11 pm
by AchtungPanzer
Not bad Knick - knack :th:

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:19 pm
by Paul
AchtungPanzer wrote:Not bad Knick - knack :th:
Ha ha im glad its "not bad" lol

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:55 pm
by Daishi12
Nice work Paul, nicely weathered without being overdone. Looks as good as one of Paul Verlindens.

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:03 pm
by conradschmid99
nice!
I've been thinking about doing this one

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:33 pm
by MakingModelsAgain
Cracking job, Paul. Always liked the blue/splinter camo on these things.

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:03 pm
by HWGuderian23
Wow! Excellent work on the Bf109 Paul :th:!
Very well done mate :clap:.

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:33 pm
by DC87
Stunner Paul, well done.

:thumb1: :clap: :th:
:thumb1: :clap: :th:

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:39 pm
by RobertA
That is a gem... :) :)

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:50 pm
by oldgit
I have this kit on order so seeing your pics has got me even more excited now :)

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:15 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Great looking model! It is always such a treat for the eye to see such a superbly made model. Gotta love the BF109 :)

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:18 pm
by JayCub
it's rubbish :nena: , everyone says how good it is and a fantastic build it is, as close as to truly professional standard as you can get, i look at these and say thats what i want to achieve :clap:

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:20 pm
by Paul
Cheers guys :cheers2:

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:36 am
by ludicrusmaximus
Awesome Messerschmidt! The weathering is very impressive - very realistic. I believe I'm currently working on the same kit. It comes with three variants, one is of the first one shot down by the Brits in 1940, and another is Molders' yellow nosed one. I'm making the latter. But the colours are hard to locate, so I substituted some. The green camo pattern on the fuselage is impossible to make w/o an airbrush, which is unfortunate as the Luftwaffe schemes look great.

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:46 am
by longlance67
Paul very nice work

really sharp



Shane

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:32 am
by Paul
Cheers fellas

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:19 pm
by giannissma
fantastic job mate!well done..i bought yesterday the same kit but i am confused the colours... :crazy: the colours that you had used for emodels kit or for ISM??? :scratch::

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:36 pm
by Paul
Yeah i used a mixture of xtracylix and vallejo model air on this one, and I've used mr hobby aqueous on the ism one. Just watch either video for the paint callouts they are all rlm colours

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:51 pm
by Paips
Geez Paul that looks great :thumb2:

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:33 pm
by giannissma
have any differents the the paints in one video with the other one???i mean which colours match better with the real one? :scratch::

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:42 pm
by Paul
giannissma wrote:have any differents the the paints in one video with the other one???i mean which colours match better with the real one? :scratch::
I think the xtracrylix are a better match but they are harder to spray than mr hobby.

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:51 pm
by Omi
very clean sir, I watched the build on youtube, the mottling is very subtle or is it the pics, still looks mint

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:53 pm
by giannissma
you are right :thumb1: also which is better for the bottom,the blue of vallejo or mr hobby?

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:46 pm
by Paul
giannissma wrote:you are right :thumb1: also which is better for the bottom,the blue of vallejo or mr hobby?
Mr hobby all day long :th:

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:46 pm
by Paul
Omi wrote:very clean sir, I watched the build on youtube, the mottling is very subtle or is it the pics, still looks mint
Cheers but this is a different build. :cheers2:

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:10 pm
by giannissma
thanks mate! :th:

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:24 pm
by Tonygol
Stunning work.

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:14 am
by Hackovsky
Nice one! I folowed the build on youtube and I must tell you, that it helped me a lot with the returning to the building after 10 years!

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:29 pm
by Spook
Just finished watching all 13 parts the 109 looks great. The step by step was fantastic and is really going to help me as a reference to get back into building.

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:58 pm
by Paul
Spook wrote:Just finished watching all 13 parts the 109 looks great. The step by step was fantastic and is really going to help me as a reference to get back into building.
Same model but different build fellas, I built this one for emodels early last year :thumb2:

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:44 pm
by rodrant
Beautifull work on that ME 109 Paul!

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:58 pm
by DaMadModler
Well Paul I figured I like the Me109's because of there camo schemes and here you have a more subdued scheme minus the mottling and it's still one of the best looking planes ever made. I must say Coen is right your paint skills are top notch.

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:06 pm
by MerseyTrainz
A Great set of videos, very informative, especially for the beginner.

Thanks Paul. :thumb1:

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:51 pm
by johnpd
Fantastic looking what is the best stuff for weathering?

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:03 pm
by Paul
Ultimate washes for the panels lines stains etc and paint for gun and exhaust stains

Re: Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:11 pm
by johnpd
Thank you. Will have a look at Them☺