Page 1 of 1

Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:13 pm
by Modelpro72
Hello all.

This has been going on for years. The gun itself is pretty much done and it now just needs to be placed on a dio which again I've been working on for years. Will the pain ever end!!!!!!!!!

Anyway. This is whats happen up to now.



Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image



And that's it so far.


Any pointers and comments are very welcome.

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:32 pm
by 5Craven
I have this kit as well and the level of detail in the moldings, as you have shown, is incredible. It is a fantastic subject and I have the 8 ton half track to build as a companion in a diorama as well. I particularly like the way the final model is designed so that with care you can present it in three different ways. Based on the box contents alone I would recommend it to any keen modeller to try but your photos of the build to date must make it a 'buy now'! Tamiya have rarely produced a kit this good.

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:39 pm
by Lee
That looks awesome Lenny :D

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:42 pm
by Modelpro72
5Craven wrote:I have this kit as well and the level of detail in the moldings, as you have shown, is incredible. It is a fantastic subject and I have the 8 ton half track to build as a companion in a diorama as well. I particularly like the way the final model is designed so that with care you can present it in three different ways. Based on the box contents alone I would recommend it to any keen modeller to try but your photos of the build to date must make it a 'buy now'! Tamiya have rarely produced a kit this good.

Thank you very much. That means a lot fella.

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:42 pm
by Modelpro72
Lee wrote:That looks awesome Lenny :D

Thank you very much Lee.

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:01 pm
by Paul
Great job Lenny, look spot on :thumb2: :banana:

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:33 am
by gosselin2112
Nice work, Lenny. I built her up a few years ago. She's still waiting for her crew and some fresh sod to park in. One of these days. When I bought the kit the box had gotten crushed. The gun shield was a loss, so I scrounged one from a scrap model that was circulating on ebay. Frustrating but it worked out. Again, spot on, and I am looking forward to seeing it come around.

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:32 am
by ww2hispanomodels
Cool work, Lenny :thumb1:

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:08 pm
by schweinhund227
Nice work on this Old Gal !

I build that baby back in 1985 ! what a treat back then....

:cheers2:

keep up the good work !

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:08 pm
by RollingThunderModels
just superb! very realistic build mate :)

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:00 pm
by Nige99
Nice one Lenny, I got a dragon 88 with some photo etch with it. I also got a emplacement to go as a dio! Problem is the dio I am planning is MASSIVE. Paul knows what it consisting of. Pow's and escorts. 4 sherman's willys jeeps half tracks and war graves. Going to take bloody ages.

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:11 pm
by Paul
Nige99 wrote:Nice one Lenny, I got a dragon 88 with some photo etch with it. I also got a emplacement to go as a dio! Problem is the dio I am planning is MASSIVE. Paul knows what it consisting of. Pow's and escorts. 4 sherman's willys jeeps half tracks and war graves. Going to take bloody ages.
Yep it's gonna take you a while mate :banana:

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:39 pm
by Gav0909
Nice work so far mate. I built this kit as a kid, probably missed some of the smaller parts out etc. Is this the one that comes with like a vinyl wire to wrap around the comm cable drums that go on the bogies? I remember being able to actually put one of the shells into the breech, which was pretty cool!

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:59 pm
by hansolo
Superb weathering! Very subtle. Very nice!

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:02 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
This is a classic kit from tamiya, i think every armour model builder made one :) I like the realistic look of the gun so far, very subtle washes which give the model this cool, heavy metal appearence.

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:57 pm
by HWGuderian23
Great job on this pretty well detailed Tamiya kit!
I love the 88 and your work on it inspired me to try it by myself - soon!

Thanks a lot...

Markus

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:28 am
by Nige99
Paul wrote:
Nige99 wrote:Nice one Lenny, I got a dragon 88 with some photo etch with it. I also got a emplacement to go as a dio! Problem is the dio I am planning is MASSIVE. Paul knows what it consisting of. Pow's and escorts. 4 sherman's willys jeeps half tracks and war graves. Going to take bloody ages.
Yep it's gonna take you a while mate :banana:
Your not wrong Paul :crazy: it's going to take Mmmm :scratch:: how long.

Re: Tamiya 1\35 scale 88 Flak Gun

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:28 pm
by NovYank
Great build man!! The paint and weathering look like actual metal that's been in the field for a while.

I have to point this out...there's a guy on the far left of the boxart...who is looking into some kind of optic. To me it looks like the guy is intently reading the instructions on an AT-4.