Page 1 of 1

EasyEight's Trumpy Challenger

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:01 pm
by EasyEight96
Hey guys here is build for the BB. I will retake the boxart as mine had crashed. Anyway here is my progress


This is the first I'm using photo-etched here so please bear the ugliness
Image

Wheels and sprockets all done still deciding whether to glue em up or separate painting
Image

Back plate install and it's a paint in the butt as the fit is horrible and pin marks all over :bash: this could be my first and last trumpy kit I'll just stick back to Dragon and Tamiya
Image

Here's the overview of the build I won't be doing any work on it as I'm working on my M42 Duster and Chieftain
Image


With my new own laptop I could upload pics anytime without problems yay!! :mrgreen:

Re: EasyEight's Trumpy Challenger

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:13 pm
by rsrdevon
EasyEight96 wrote:Hey guys here is build for the BB. I will retake the boxart as mine had crashed. Anyway here is my progress


This is the first I'm using photo-etched here so please bear the ugliness
Image

Wheels and sprockets all done still deciding whether to glue em up or separate painting
Image

Back plate install and it's a paint in the butt as the fit is horrible and pin marks all over :bash: this could be my first and last trumpy kit I'll just stick back to Dragon and Tamiya
Image

Here's the overview of the build I won't be doing any work on it as I'm working on my M42 Duster and Chieftain
Image


With my new own laptop I could upload pics anytime without problems yay!! :mrgreen:

Looks good so far. Hope you dont end up breaking the mirrors off. Looking at them i think i would wait til upper and lower hulls were together to put them on. I know i would break them off LOL. PE looks good as well.

Re: EasyEight's Trumpy Challenger

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:57 pm
by chief5437
Yey! Another lamb to the slaughter! I didn't even get any PE with my kit :violin:

Don't write trumpeter off just yet, this is my first Trumpy armour kit, and it's not the best :eeek: But I've done a few of their aircraft kits, and I put them up there with Dragons armour stuff.

Good luck with the rest of it! :th: :th:

Re: EasyEight's Trumpy Challenger

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:11 pm
by rsrdevon
chief5437 wrote:Yey! Another lamb to the slaughter! I didn't even get any PE with my kit :violin:

Don't write trumpeter off just yet, this is my first Trumpy armour kit, and it's not the best :eeek: But I've done a few of their aircraft kits, and I put them up there with Dragons armour stuff.

Good luck with the rest of it! :th: :th:
I think ive heard these are older trumpeter kits? the newer stuff they are putting out is much better. correct me if im wrong. but i think this is what i have heard.

Re: EasyEight's Trumpy Challenger

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:18 pm
by Nige201980
Great start mate nice to see another take a crack at this.

Re: EasyEight's Trumpy Challenger

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:49 pm
by moi196872
Awesome work so far, nice work on the PE.

Re: EasyEight's Trumpy Challenger

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:50 am
by EasyEight96
rsrdevon wrote:
chief5437 wrote:Yey! Another lamb to the slaughter! I didn't even get any PE with my kit :violin:

Don't write trumpeter off just yet, this is my first Trumpy armour kit, and it's not the best :eeek: But I've done a few of their aircraft kits, and I put them up there with Dragons armour stuff.

Good luck with the rest of it! :th: :th:
I think ive heard these are older trumpeter kits? the newer stuff they are putting out is much better. correct me if im wrong. but i think this is what i have heard.

Yes mate this are the older tooling and the new ones are better. Cheif ya I understand what you meant hopefully I'll get my hands on the new whirland that their launching soon

Re: EasyEight's Trumpy Challenger

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:51 am
by EasyEight96
Thank you Nige and moi for your comments hopefully I'll improve on my skills on working P-E

Re: EasyEight's Trumpy Challenger

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:54 pm
by Coen
PE is a skill setter for everyone bud. Patience and time are all that's needed to work on PE.
Other than Frans, everyone has a bit of sand in his pants about PE. Haha
It looks pretty good so far, that rear plate is probably the hardest bit in the kit and you look like you did just fine with her.
:th: :th:

Re: EasyEight's Trumpy Challenger

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:57 pm
by T3hGuppy
Good start dude.

PE is is a fickle mistress.

I believe your winning the battle though :th:

Re: EasyEight's Trumpy Challenger

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:47 pm
by chief5437
You'll have to let us know if you get the Trumpy whirlwind, I was hoping it would be released in time for the night fighter GB. I gone for a defiant instead now. :th:

Re: EasyEight's Trumpy Challenger

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:20 am
by EasyEight96
Coen wrote:PE is a skill setter for everyone bud. Patience and time are all that's needed to work on PE.
Other than Frans, everyone has a bit of sand in his pants about PE. Haha
It looks pretty good so far, that rear plate is probably the hardest bit in the kit and you look like you did just fine with her.
:th: :th:
T3hGuppy wrote:Good start dude.

PE is is a fickle mistress.

I believe your winning the battle though :th:
Thanks for the encouragement guys I just started back this kit hopefully I'll post some progress as I'm going to college this Thursday woohoo can't wait to enter

Re: EasyEight's Trumpy Challenger

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:20 am
by EasyEight96
chief5437 wrote:You'll have to let us know if you get the Trumpy whirlwind, I was hoping it would be released in time for the night fighter GB. I gone for a defiant instead now. :th:

Yes Chief!!

Re: EasyEight's Trumpy Challenger

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:14 am
by alextheblue
Looking great so far EasyEight!! :th: :th:

And as Chief said, don't write Trumpeter off just yet - I've just started building my first Trumpy kit, a KV-2 and overall I'm quite impressed with it.

Looking forward to your next update!