Page 1 of 1

1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:34 pm
by MakingModelsAgain
Here's the big Jug I did for SAM. Built OOB except for an Eduard Zoom set to perk it up a bit. Oh and I used a resin engine as well. And I used a set of Montex masks for the French roundels. So not OOB at all then. Spent a while on getting the weathering just so. About six or seven layers of OD built up over time, each coat getting rubbed back with the famed burnishing brush. I then used a Karismacolor silver pencil to create the heavy chipping effect and then a couple of layers of pigment and subtle washes. This is a plane that served in Italy in 1945, so it would have looked like a heap of junk by then. :)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:29 pm
by moi196872
Very nice paint job and weathering.

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:49 pm
by rodrant
Stunning work on this ! Some amazing and realistic weathering on your models , I follow your youtube channell and really I think that they are great ! Keep Modelling , you are an inspiration Gary :bow::

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:54 pm
by chief5437
Beautiful work Gary, love it!

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:37 pm
by longlance67
wonderful work Gary

the painting and weathering are stunning


great stuff

Shane

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:19 am
by Lee
MakingModelsAgain wrote:Built OOB except for an Eduard Zoom set to perk it up a bit. Oh and I used a resin engine as well. And I used a set of Montex masks for the French roundels. So not OOB at all then.
Had to laugh....... :wtf:

Exceptional work as always Gary. Love your OOB builds..... ;)

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:39 am
by cib2265
Looks fantastic!

I want to try out that weathering technique with the burnishing brush, noting that for later experiments, cheers!

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:51 am
by Paul
Awesome build Gary loving the best up look :thumb2:

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:00 am
by T3hGuppy
Another awesome job dude.

The paintwork on this is cracking :th:

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:01 pm
by jmar829
Pretty sweet looking plane! I'm always impressed by your work.

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:09 pm
by Nige201980
Smashing job Gary

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:53 pm
by AchtungPanzer
3 x Yes man for this model - top class :clap:

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:33 pm
by jkelleycrna
Beautiful Jug.... :thumb2:
Very inspirational!

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:03 am
by UKguyInUSA
Sick!

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:59 am
by Lego
Gotta love them jugs :thumb2:

Great work.

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:35 pm
by rip1978
it's a beauty

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:31 pm
by eoinfinnegan
That's epic, well done

Re: 1/48 Italeri P-47D Thunderbolt

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:31 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Another stunner, the amount of detail and realism is incredible!
Do you remember the guy on YT who commented on your Spitfire video a long time ago saying that the model is "way to realistic"? funny haha :)