Page 1 of 1

Completed in 2013. I'm a ssslllloooowwww builder.

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:54 pm
by Willem
Only five models made it out of the hanger last year and none completed yet this year. Work gets in the way and I do build slowly.

First one to fly the nest.

Hasegawa Macchi C.202 Folgore. OOB except a resin seat (which you can't really see) :violin: and metal gun barrels.

Image

Image

I tried fading the paint work down for scale effect and the fact that it served in Libya. Tamiya acrylics and first attempt at a mottle.

Next up was an Airfix 109 E-4. This aircraft made a forced landing after combat with Spitfires of 603 sqn on 5th October 1940.

Image



More or less OOB apart from Xtradecal sheet X48-087

Image

Image

Really happy with the mottle on this one. I also wanted to fade the yellow cowling back a little.

In the background you might see......

Image

The Spitfire that got him. A little tribute to a dog fight double, aahhh them were the days.

Image

Image

Tamiya Mk 1. With spare decals to represent the machine flown on the patrol by Plt Off George "Sheepie" Gilroy of 603 (City of Edinborough) sqn, RAUXAF. As a Scottish sheep farmer and an auxiliary officer, Gilroy was granted leave from the sqn during the lambing period. :shhh:

Anyway, there it is. Please ignore the NATO runway (that's for another project). I hope that you are still awake as it's nice to bore new people with my models rather than keep inflicting them on friends and family. It started raining so I'll hopefully add to this thread in the next few days.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Completed in 2013. I'm a ssslllloooowwww builder.

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:17 pm
by Lego
Great builds. :th:

It does not matter how many you build. It is that you have fun with building imo.

Re: Completed in 2013. I'm a ssslllloooowwww builder.

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:24 pm
by Willem
Lego wrote:Great builds. :th:

It does not matter how many you build. It is that you have fun with building imo.
Thanks Lego. I think you are spot on about the fun.

Cheers. :cheers2:

Re: Completed in 2013. I'm a ssslllloooowwww builder.

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:57 pm
by davidowers
by the look of it taking your time with models certainly works
lovely builds there :bow::

Re: Completed in 2013. I'm a ssslllloooowwww builder.

Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:10 am
by UKguyInUSA
Hey Will, I love the Spit and BF109E.....they look awesome...great paint jobs. Are they all Tamiya colors you used on the Cano schemes for both planes?

Cheers, :cheers2:

Martin

Re: Completed in 2013. I'm a ssslllloooowwww builder.

Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:51 am
by Willem
Thanks for the kind words guys.
Martin, I tend to use what I have to hand but mainly Tamiya, Vallejo and a few Xtracrylics for colour matching.

Re: Completed in 2013. I'm a ssslllloooowwww builder.

Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:06 pm
by Willem
Well, it's sunny here in Leicestershire this afternoon and you guys were so nice about my other builds (it's your own fault), I'm inflicting two more of my models on you. At least it's not raining.

Airfix Spitfire PR XIX with aftermarket decals to represent a machine based in Singapore and flown in action during the Malaya crisis:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Seafire 17, unit- can't remember. Built OOB apart from harnesses:


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

The tail wheel guard is in a box somewhere (I've just realised).

Once again, I apologise for my appalling photography skills. I will throw money at the problem and replace my Argos special offer camera when I can refrain from splurging funds on new kits.

:cheers2:

Re: Completed in 2013. I'm a ssslllloooowwww builder.

Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:02 am
by bradsbunker
I love the look of your 109 ! the others are great but its the 109 that is my favourite with your chosen markings. :th:

Re: Completed in 2013. I'm a ssslllloooowwww builder.

Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:12 am
by Willem
Thanks mate. I've just caught up with the start of your Gustav build. Good luck with it Buddy.

Cheers.

Re: Completed in 2013. I'm a ssslllloooowwww builder.

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:20 am
by SyntaxModels
Some top builds there mate!

Re: Completed in 2013. I'm a ssslllloooowwww builder.

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:20 pm
by schweinhund227
:thumb2: very nice work !

:cheers2: