Page 1 of 1

A question about thinning paints.

Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:45 pm
by DaMadModler
So my small bottle of enamel thinner is almost gone and being that I have just recently found out that enamels and oils are pretty much the same thing or at least in the same family. I'm wondering if mineral spirits, lacquer thinner and Terpenoid are all good options? does anyone have any warning or tips? Thanks for your time. :think:

Re: A question about thinning paints.

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:38 am
by Joker56
I've only ever used white spirits for enamel paint , never purchased humbrol thinners as it's so expensive compared to white spirits , hope this helps
Joker56
:cheers2:

Re: A question about thinning paints.

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:16 am
by Lee
Any cellulose thinner will do :)

£5 for 1ltr at your local B&Q :)

Re: A question about thinning paints.

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:53 pm
by Paul
Lee wrote:Any cellulose thinner will do :)

£5 for 1ltr at your local B&Q :)
Or £12 delivered for 5L of ebay :thumb2: