Acadamy 1:48 f4U-1A/C/D "VF-17 Jolly Rogers"...... Done!
Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:16 pm
Ok lads here we have a plastic model kit all glued and painted up..
If Acadamy kits are always as good as this someone send me another one. A really nice experience this was, although I cant workout wether it was the kit or the subject, if you haven't yet had a go at a Corsair then do, they are just great aeroplanes to build. Muscular, rugged and an exotic gull-wing... Awesome...



Bloody zip-kicker...

Hope it not too tedious...





Undersides..


Still with me..


The lighter blue is suppose to represent faded fabric on the wings...


Nearly there...

This build for me was always about the colour scheme, weathering and fun.. It's not he best and there's quite a few brilliant examples knocking around at the moment (can't wait for his lordships) but I enjoyed her, after all, it's all experience.
Oh yeah, I went for the bomb!!!
Hope you enjoyed and thanx for looking
If Acadamy kits are always as good as this someone send me another one. A really nice experience this was, although I cant workout wether it was the kit or the subject, if you haven't yet had a go at a Corsair then do, they are just great aeroplanes to build. Muscular, rugged and an exotic gull-wing... Awesome...



Bloody zip-kicker...

Hope it not too tedious...





Undersides..


Still with me..


The lighter blue is suppose to represent faded fabric on the wings...


Nearly there...

This build for me was always about the colour scheme, weathering and fun.. It's not he best and there's quite a few brilliant examples knocking around at the moment (can't wait for his lordships) but I enjoyed her, after all, it's all experience.
Oh yeah, I went for the bomb!!!
Hope you enjoyed and thanx for looking