Roll Up Papers Yay or Nay

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
Donkeywalloper
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:06 pm
Location: Burton upon Trent
Great Britain

Roll Up Papers Yay or Nay

Post by Donkeywalloper »

Good morning chaps.

I have spent sometime doing some research on the British Army Jackal this weekend (generally downloading and printing off photos).
In most of these photo's the front lights and front winch is covered by a piece of cloth (to protect from dust and debris and damage to winch and for lights I should imagine much the same scenario).
Now I know the use of tissue soaked in PVA is common for replicating tarps..... :think:
I found a packet of Cigarette Roll-Up Papers this morning on my morning cycle (what a beauty of a morning here in the UK at 05:00....yeah I know most in bed at this time but I found myself in the mood :D).
They have a good rigidity of paper and cut well. I was thinking of spraying them and then teasing them into shape....
Do you think I should still go for some PVA?
Has anyone else used this type of paper, obviously other than covering the weed in it (I'm a very much retired smoker)?
Your knowledge would be most appreciated on the matter.
I'll have bash :bash: anyway and let you see or know result :clap:
John
Bench:1/35 Tamiya Tiger 1 Mid Production with lots of Aftermarket Stuff
Completed: Vespid 1/72 Comet A10
Shelf: Lots (101 Kits of multiple scales) of Armour + couple of Flappy / Wing Things, found a KV2 95% built and primed four years ago. Plus a few Lego Tech kits, to help restore MoJo
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”